200 W. Oak Street
PO Box 1190
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1190
Fax: (970) 498-7070
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
The County Assessor is responsible for valuing all real and personal property, including mobile homes, residential and commercial properties and agricultural land for property tax purposes. The Assessor determines the equitable value of property to ensure that each taxpayer pays only his or her fair share of the taxes. Anyone who disagrees with changes in the actual value of real property can object or file a protest with the Assessor in May. Protests for Commercial Business Personal Property accounts should be filed with the Assessor between June 15 and July 5.
Real Property Records
Business Personal Property Records
- File declaration or view asset listing – The Larimer County Assessor provides businesses the option to view and file their
asset listings online. Online filing saves time, reduces paperwork and improves efficiency. Account/Schedule Number and associated Federal
Employer Identification Number (FEIN) are required to file a declaration schedule or view your asset listing.
- General information – Questions and answers about how the personal property tax system works in Colorado.
- Public Trustee – For information pertaining to Foreclosures of Deeds of Trust and Release of Deeds of Trust
- Property tax payments – Payments are made to the Larimer County Treasurer
- Recorded documents database – Allows you to query all documents affecting real property recorded in the office of the County Clerk & Recorder
- House price index – According to the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Visit Zillow.com for house values in your area (Zillow is not considered an endorsement)