Emergency Communicatons Operator
This is a position in the Operations Section of the Sheriff's Office involving all aspects of an emergency dispatch center. Shift work required.
You must be a high school graduate (or equivalent), 18 years of age, and have current first aid and community CPR certifications by date of hire. Specific requirements for Emergency Communications Operator include:
- Knowledge of modern office methods, equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work under high stress and exercise good judgement in emergency situations.
- Ability to understand and carry out both oral and written directives.
- Ability to learn the standard broadcasting procedures and rules associated with the operation of a law enforcement communications network.
- Ability to exercise judgement and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Will be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to concentrate on more than one task at a time.
- Must have acceptable hearing to hear well on the telephone and radio and appropriate voice skills to be clearly understood on the telephone and radio.
- Must have acceptable eyesight and must have full use of both arms, hands, and fingers to perform computer duties and radio dispatch.
NOTE: For Emergency Communications Operator positions:
- Candidates are placed on probation for one year from date of hire.
- Candidates must pass a 16 week Field Training Program.