County Offices, Courts, and the Landfill will all be closed on Monday, May 30, 2016 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Emergency Communicatons Operator
This is a position in the Operations Section of the Sheriff's Office involving all aspects of an emergency dispatch center. Shift work required.
You must be a high school graduate (or equivalent), 18 years of age, and have current first aid and community CPR certifications by date of hire. Specific requirements for Emergency Communications Operator include:
- Knowledge of modern office methods, equipment and procedures.
- Ability to work under high stress and exercise good judgement in emergency situations.
- Ability to understand and carry out both oral and written directives.
- Ability to learn the standard broadcasting procedures and rules associated with the operation of a law enforcement communications network.
- Ability to exercise judgement and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Will be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to concentrate on more than one task at a time.
- Must have acceptable hearing to hear well on the telephone and radio and appropriate voice skills to be clearly understood on the telephone and radio.
- Must have acceptable eyesight and must have full use of both arms, hands, and fingers to perform computer duties and radio dispatch.
NOTE: For Emergency Communications Operator positions:
- Candidates are placed on probation for one year from date of hire.
- Candidates must pass a 16 week Field Training Program.