Treasurer's Deed Application Information
The only person(s) who may apply for a Treasurer's Deed is the holder of the Tax Lien Certificate.
In accordance with CRS 39-11-120(1) and 39-11-128(1)(a), for real property only, a Treasurer's Deed may be
issued three years from the date of the original sale, upon proper application
and notification. For Mobile Homes, a Motor Vehicle Title may be
issued one year from the date of the original sale, upon proper application
How Do I Apply?
- Contact the Treasurer's Civil Deputy in charge of Treasurer's Deed and request an application at (970) 498-7032. Or contact her via e-mail.
- Please return the completed application, the ORIGINAL
tax certificate, (if you are not having it held in safekeeping
with our office), and the $350.00 application fee to our office
at 200 West Oak St., Suite 2100, Fort Collins CO 80521.
Per C.R.S. 39-11-120, applications received
The application fee is a title expense which
includes, title commitment and policy, advertising charges, mailing
fees, posting fees and any additional charges accrued in procedures
by statute for issuance of a Treasurer's Deed.
the original certificate cannot be processed.
- The Treasurer's Deed process takes approximately five to six
months, given no unforeseen problems. The deed is issued four
months, (120 days), after the first date of advertising. Advertising
is initiated as soon as the title commitment and certified mailing
to legally interested parties is complete.
- The Treasurer's Deed will be issued if redemption
is not made prior to the execution date. The Treasurer's Deed
is recorded with the Larimer County Clerk and Recorder
- Current Treasurer's Deed Applications in process
Things To Remember:
- The Treasurer's Deed will not be issued until ALL subsequent
property tax liens are paid in full.
- A Treasurer's Deed is an unmarketable title for seven years.
You may deed the property to another individual; however, you may not warrant
the title. Please contact an attorney or title company for further
information. The Treasurer's Office is unable to advise
you in this matter.
- If the certificate is redeemed
prior to deed issuance, you will receive your investment, interest,
and your application fee in full. However, no interest is earned
on the application fee.
For further information please contact the Treasurer's Office
(970) 498-7032, or via e-mail