Community Corrections Mission and Vision
Larimer County Community Corrections is committed to community safety and client accountability. We provide a continuum of innovative services and treatment that
is responsive to individual client risk, needs, and differences. We empower clients to take responsibility for their actions, and promote positive choices and internal change, resulting
in reduced recidivism in our community.
Larimer County Community Corrections is a safe, clean, and calm facility where clients are treated with respect and fairness.
We are professional and friendly and enjoy the work we do. Accountability is a cornerstone. We have an understanding of
standards and expectations to ensure standards are met or exceeded. We promote self improvement and incorporate family and others
identified as support for client success. We are committed to common and unified goals. We regularly reinforce
positive behaviors, accomplishments, and character traits. There is cohesiveness, trust, and collaboration
throughout teams, units and departments. We have a team approach based on participation and transparency of decision making.
- Clients are treated fairly and with respect.
- Clients are involved in the program design.
- There are more positive incentives/recognition for clients.
- There is less focus on weaknesses and more focus on strengths.
- We are always above the state average for positive terminations, and we want to ensure the right decisions are being made, with the mindset that we want all clients to be successful.
- Clients exhibit behaviors:
- Involved in community
- Clients appreciate the opportunity to be in the program.
- Staff behaves professionally to all — clients, staff, any other person that calls or comes in.
- Treat clients with respect, verbally and non-verbally.
- Staff is invested in client achievements.
- Behaviors: open, pleasant, calm, appropriate humor, committed
- Staff is dressed professionally.
- Healthy teams work together with a common understanding of mission and vision.
- Clear expectations and unified approach
- Cohesiveness between departments. Trust within teams, departments, and management.
- Increased productivity
- Fair and manageable workload distribution enables goals to be reached without undue stress.
- A positive and fun place to work
- People want to come to work.
- Staff exhibits behaviors:
- A spirit of forgiveness
- Open minds and follow a creative process
- Seek to build character
- Supervisors available and present
- Staff, clients, oversight agencies, community members, and victims see we are working in partnership to achieve common goals.
- Staff skills are leveraged. Increased opportunities for staff development (skills).
- Adequate funding for premium level of staff and program services
- We work at or above required standards (100% compliance).
- Standards drive organization behavior and procedures.
- We have well-defined policies and procedures that help us meet customer expectations.
- An audit on any day would achieve the same results (consistency).
- Evidence-based, outcome-focused measures drive actions.
- Cost-effective sentencing option that is not a warehouse
- Program structure has expanded:
- More structured daily activities (programs, pass time, job search, etc.); programs offered throughout the day (not just 9-4).
- More treatment provided in house (provided first by leveraging the skills in house, or by contracted/volunteered with external agencies)
- Cognitive skills
- Substance abuse
- Victim empathy
- Life skills
- Employment assistance
- Lots of new programming (educational, treatment, etc.)
- Certification programs (laundry, kitchen, janitorial, community college two-year program)
- A balanced and integrated approach for correctional and treatment focus
- Team-based decision making for client programming
- Family involvement in services
- Cross-county/agency collaboration and communication
- We are a leader in our field of expertise.
- The team focus builds relationships with clients and thus increases the safety of the facility.
- Safe facility assuring compliance with facility rules by both clients and staff.
- More cameras with recording on all
- No blind spots
- Clients are searched upon entrance to a secured building, eliminating contraband.
- Visits are monitored.
- Access in and out of building entrance is monitored.
- Facility is searched often, consistently above standard requirements.
- Security is consistent and reinforced by all staff and is a responsibility of everyone, staff as clients.
- Staff and common areas are organized and clean.
- Environment is calm (less crazy).
- "Smells like fresh baked bread"
Some items that we will evaluate to see if they fit within the five-year vision:
- Men's and women's facilities are completely separate.
- Internal day fare for clients to see the opportunity for the future with family.
- Day care center for employees