Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson

Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, and Landfill will be closed on July 4, 2017 in observance of the Independence Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.

> Departments > Solid Waste > Disposal > Charge Accounts

Commercial Haulers Charge Accounts

The Department of Solid Waste offers charge accounts to high volume commercial users of the Larimer County Landfill.

What Are The Advantages?

  • Charge accounts and payments are handled entirely by mail; you don't need to visit our office.
  • Write one check per month for hauled loads which eliminates prepaying.
  • You receive an itemized receipt for each load and an itemized statement at month's end.
  • Your charge account is available to you 8-1/2 hours a day, six days a week as long as your account is current and the Landfill is open, so you never run short.
  • Drivers do not need to carry cash.
  • Purchase order systems can use a blanket purchase order to open the account.


The driver signs and receives a copy of the charge receipt when each load is brought in. Bookkeepers can reconcile the receipts to the itemized statement at month end.

Types Of Accounts

  • $500 credit limit (with $100 deposit)
  • Negotiable limit suited to customer's needs (with $500 deposit)
  • Non-profit and government agencies

To apply for a charge account read and sign the application and return with appropriate deposit check. You may also need to complete a Hauler's License application. If charge account application is approved, charge cards will be mailed within ten days after receipt of application.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I have to have my card with me to charge?

A. Yes. We utilize bar codes to enter your account number for security reasons and speed and accuracy.

Q. Do I get my deposit back?

A. When the account is closed, your deposit will be refunded minus any balance owed.

Q. Which type of account do I need?

A. You may open a TYPE I account If you consistently have $500 or less in Landfill fees each month which allows you to charge a maximum of $500 in any billing period (with $100 deposit.) If over $500 per month, a Type II with a $500 deposit is required. Please call for details for non-profit and government agency accounts.

Q. How many cards do I get?

A. You can request as many cards as you like. One for each vehicle is recommended.

Q. What happens if I lose my card?

A. Call the Business Office immediately as you are responsible for all charges made on your card until you report it as lost. You will be charged $5 (up to $25) for each card replaced if your account number is changed.

Q. How do I close my account:

A. You must notify the Business Office in writing to close your Type I or Type II account. You MUST destroy your cards when you close your account.

Call 498-5764 if you have further questions. For 24-hour information on rates, operating hours, weather closures, etc. call 498-5770.

Background Image: Cirque Meadows by Adam Johnson. All rights reserved.