Larimer County Offices, Courts, and Landfill are all closed on Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 for the Labor Day Holiday. Critical services at Larimer County are not interrupted by closures.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
Garbage Garage Education Center Tour Information
Thank you for considering a tour of the Garbage Garage. Please review the information below so you'll know what to expect.
- Tours must be scheduled in advance. It's best if you can call at least a week or more ahead of time.
- The Garbage Garage is also open for drop-in visitors on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All tour groups must park in the area provided near the Garbage Garage. Please do not park anywhere else. It is best if visitors can carpool as parking is limited. See map.
- The Garbage Garage is handicapped-accessible.
- We ask that cell phones be turned off before entering the Garbage Garage
- The Garbage Garage can accommodate about 30 students comfortably, along with their teachers/parents. No group is too small! (If your group is larger than 30, please let us know and we can make other arrangements.)
- A Garbage Garage attendant will provide an introduction, and then you may choose to either: (1) be led through the displays by the attendant,
(2) use the Scavenger Hunts as a fun way to navigate through the displays on your own, or (3) browse around on your own. The attendant will always be available to answer questions.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the building, but there are a few picnic tables and benches available adjacent to the building that you can eat on.
- There is no access to water.
- No trash cans are available, so we ask that you recycle or compost what you can at our facilities (we have one backyard compost bin and a recycling drop-off area) and take other trash home with you (or you may pay to use the landfill).
- A handicapped-accessible porta-potty is available.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for the actions of minors in their group and are expected to help keep visitors, staff and property safe.
- Adult supervision is required for those under 16 years of age.
- Sandals and flip flop shoes are discouraged for safety reasons. Close-toed shoes are recommended and required if visiting other locations on site. Weather appropriate clothing (coats, jackets, etc.) should also be worn.
- If you'd like to schedule a tour, please call (970) 498-5772.
- If you need to cancel or are going to be late, please call the above phone number.
- Safety is our priority and we reserve the right to end a tour if safety rules are not observed by visitors.