County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Civilian Detention Service Officer
This is a position in the Security Unit of the Detention Center, which monitors activities throughout the Detention Center via closed circuit cameras and intercoms; controls inmate and public access and movement into and within the Detention Center; manually operates detention security doors by means of remote control; and performs extensive computer work and a variety of clerical duties. Rotating shift work required.
You must be a high school graduate (or equivalent), 18 years of age, and have current first aid and community CPR certificates by date of hire. The specific requirements for Detention Service Officer include:
- Work under stress and exercise good judgement in emergency situations.
- Learn to operate security and communications equipment, to include computer
keyboard, mouse and touchpad.
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks such as maintaining accurate records, report preparation, and answering telephones.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with diverse groups, which include the public, inmates, staff, other criminal justice agency personnel, and County government staff.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directives.
- Assess situations and people.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
NOTE: For Civilian Detention Service Officer:
- Candidates are placed on probation for one year from date of hire.
- Candidates must pass a 10 to 12 week Field Training Program.