The following services were supported entirely or in part by funds from the Larimer County Office on Aging in 2011/2012:
Senior Nutrition Services:
- Loveland/Berthoud Meals on Wheels: Hot home-delivered meals for homebound seniors in Loveland and Berthoud. Nutrition education, counseling and screening.
- Volunteers of America
- Congregate meals in Fort Collins, Loveland, Wellington and Bellvue. Nutrition education, nutrition counseling and nutrition screenings.
- Frozen home-delivered meals for homebound seniors in Fort Collins, Loveland and Bellvue. Hot delivered meals to homebound seniors in Wellington. Nutrition education, counseling and screening.
- Berthoud Area Transportation Services (BATS): Rides for people over 60 to medical appointments and trips that promote self-sufficiency in the Berthoud/ Loveland area.
- SAINT: Rides for people over 60 to medical appointments and trips that promote self-sufficiency, in Fort Collins and Loveland.
- Via Mobility Services: Paratransit services five days per week for people 60 and over in Estes Park.
- Wellington Senior Center: Rides for people 60 and over to the congregate meals at the Senior Center and to medical appointments and self-sufficiency trips into Fort Collins.
Family Caregiver Support:
- Aging Clinic of the Rockies at CSU: Individual counseling provided to family caregivers who provide care to people 60 and over or under 60 with dementia and Individual counseling to family caregivers providing care to grandchildren.
- Elderhaus Adult Day Program serves Larimer County adults (18 and older) with special needs and their families by providing services such as adult day services, transportation, nutrition, occupational therapy, medication administration and support groups.
- Stepping Stones Adult Day Program, a service of McKee Medical Center, gives participants a safe, caring place to socialize, build friendships and enjoy stimulating activities.
- Touchstone Health Partners/Namaqua Center: Caregiver counseling for grandparents and other relative caregivers raising grandchildren. Includes parenting classes and support groups.
- Volunteers of America: Caring Companions, a volunteer respite program for family caregivers.
- Rehabilitation Visiting Nurses Association (RVNA): In-home personal care and homemaker services for people who are 60 and over and meet functional assessment criteria.
Information and Assistance:
- United Way/211: General information and assistance/referral for people 60 and over.
- Wallace and Kling: Legal assistance for people 60 and over.
- Elderhaus Adult Day Care: Mobile health services to include blood pressure checks and annual health fairs.
- Rehabilitation Visiting Nurses Association (RVNA): Skilled care for people 60 and over who need assistance managing their medication.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers: A six-week educational program designed for family caregivers. Contact Lynette McGowan at 498-7758 for more information or visit the PTC national website.