- Are you unsure of what questions to ask?
- Are you concerned about leaving your loved one?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed with your current situation?
Schedule an in-home consultation with our Caregiver Support Coordinator and get the answers you are looking for.
What is Respite Care?
- Respite care is temporary care. It gives caregivers support, rest and relief.
- Respite care can be at home or outside the home. It can be for a few hours or all day.
- Respite care can be provided through agencies, or it can be arranged through family or friends.
- Respite care will help you — and the person you are caring for.
Respite Assistance – It can help
A respite voucher of $300 (every six months) can be given directly to you, the family caregiver. This voucher may be used in the home to pay for help from a home-care agency, neighbor, friend — or at an adult day program. It may be used for a short respite stay in a long-term care facility. Remember, respite care relieves burnout and reduces caregiver stress.
You may fill out a Caregiver Assessment.
After completing, please mail or fax to:
Caregiver Support Program Coordinator
Larimer County Office on Aging
2601 Midpoint Drive, Suite 112
Fort Collins, CO. 80525
Fax: (970) 498-7625
If you have received a respite grant before, you may fill out the shorter Caregiver Re-assessment Form.
For further information or to request the caregiver consultation and respite grant contact: Lynette McGowan (970) 498-7758 or email@example.com