County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
200 W. Oak Street
PO Box 1190
Fort Collins, CO 80522-1190
Fax: (970) 498-5965
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Risk Management administers the County's risk management program to minimize harm to the physical, human, fiscal and environmental resources of the County and to minimize the total cost of risk to Larimer County.
- Administer self-insurance programs and insured policies for workers' compensation and property/casualty.
- Conduct safety training, audits (safety, ergonomic, industrial hygiene) and loss control programs.
- Identify and evaluate physical, environmental, chemical and biological hazards in the workplace and devise ways to control or eliminate them.
- Administer claims in conjunction with third-party administrator and designated provider.
- Conduct claim investigations to identify causes and develop preventive solutions to eliminate recurrences.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal legislation (for example, Workers Right to Know law, MSHA and EPA fuel tank inspections).