Within District Cost-Share Program
Please read the following page carefully! The Larimer County Weed District has revised its cost share program and has made changes that compensate for recent budget cuts.
The Larimer County Weed District has selective herbicides available for purchase with no additional paperwork required. The Weed District is committed to offering herbicides that are proven to be the most effective with the least environmental impact. The Weed District promotes and encourages proper weed management practices on lands within the Weed District and will have herbicides on hand or available for you to order. Recognizing that the cost of weed management can be a deterrent to landowners in implementing management practices, we have established the following cost share program.
Only taxable lands lying within the boundaries of the Larimer County Weed District are eligible for Weed District cost share funds.
The LCWD will reimburse for chemical methods, mechanical methods, or a combination of both as follows:
- Any mechanical treatment and/or any herbicide purchased from a retailer other than the Larimer County Weed District MUST be pre-authorized by the Weed District through a free site visit. Property owners can set up an appointment by calling 970-498-5768.
- Site visits are required only if (1) purchasing herbicides from a retailer other than the Weed District or (2) contracting an applicator other than the Weed District.
- The cap on all reimbursements is $250.00.
- For residents within the Weed District wishing to purchase herbicides at the Weed District office, a 25% discount will be applied at the time of their purchase with no paperwork required.
- All requests for cost share funds must be pre-approved through the LCWD. The LCWD offers free site visits to identify plants, make management recommendations and offer free estimates, insuring that the proper treatment and timing is used to minimize the environmental impact.
- NO glyphosate (Roundup et al), no products for baregrounding purposes, or products with a crop, turf or ornamental label will be reimbursed.
- NO crop, turf, or ornamental sites will be reimbursed.
- Properties enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) are not eligible.
- Taxes, labor, and equipment are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Any mechanical treatment and/or any herbicide purchased from a retailer other than the Larimer County Weed District MUST be pre-authorized by the Weed District through a free site visit. Property owners can call the LCWD at 970-498-5768 to set up an appointment.
- Applications must be received by December 10 at the end of the season and are dependent on fund availability.
- Previous years receipts cannot be reimbursed.
Cost-Share requests that have not pre-qualified with our office WILL NOT be reimbursed.
- Mechanical treatment refers to the process of mowing or weeding either by hand, animal grazing, or machine (mower).
- Chemical control is the process of applying an herbicide, in the appropriate amounts, to the noxious weed. Timing and application rate are crucial for successful control. Again, application rate is critical; MORE DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN BETTER CONTROL. Always read the label when applying an herbicide. Find out more information on how to calibrate your sprayer.
- Call the LCWD office at 970-498-5768 to set an appointment for a site visit
- During the site visit, inform the weed specialist that you are seeking pre-approval for a cost share reimbursement
- Include all receipts, cost share application (including pre-approval authorization) and documentation and mail to:
Larimer County Weed District
2649 E Mulberry Street Suite #6
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks to receive your reimbursement.
If you want to know the details of your parcel, visit the Assessor's website and enter your parcel number or address.