Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Camper Cabins at Hermit Park Open Space
Rules for Making Reservations
When are cabins open?
15 semi-secluded cabins in the woods southeast of Estes Park, Colorado. Printable Map
- Minimal water available - it is strongly recommended to fill your tank before you arrive
- Bring your own linens and firewood
- 2-burner, propane cook stove in cabin - bring your own kitchenware
- Maximums: 8 people/2 vehicles/2 dogs
- Cabin access only - no access to open space at this time
- Covered front porch
- 4 padded bed surfaces (sizes vary) - bring your own linens or sleeping bags
- Table with benches
- Picnic table
- No electricity - propane lighting and heat
- Port-a-potty at each cabin
- Blue Bird Cabin and Big Gulch Cabin - ADA accessible
All Natural Resources Regulations apply.
- Check in:
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend: 1-8 p.m. Go to Maintenance Shop Building to check in before proceeding to cabin. If you will not be checking in by 8 p.m., call at least one day in advance to make special arrangements: (970) 577-2090
- Labor Day weekend through Memorial Day weekend: 1-4:30 p.m. Go to Maintenance Shop Building to check in. If you will not be checking in by 4:30 p.m., call at least one day in advance to make special arrangements: (970) 577-2090
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Quiet Hours: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please be respectful of your neighbors and other campers.
- Pets: Must be on a leash of not more than 10 feet at all times. May not be left unattended.
- Vehicles: Please keep vehicles on designated roadways. No OHV's
- Alcohol: 3.2% alcohol, in cans, only -no glass containers - no kegs
- Firewood: No firewood collecting within parks. Available at local businesses or in town.
- Fires & Fireworks: Campfires in approved fireplaces at designated campsites only. No fireworks at any time. Check upon arrival for possible fire restrictions.
From I-25 and U.S. Hwy. 34 (Loveland): Drive west on Hwy. 34 for 31.5 miles toward Estes Park. Turn left (south) onto Mall Road (CR63) for .6 miles. Turn left (east) onto U.S. Highway 36 for 2.1 miles. The entrance to Hermit Park is on your right.
From I-25 and U.S. Hwy. 66 (Longmont): Drive west on Hwy. 66 for 15.8 miles to Lyons, Colorado. Turn right onto West Main Street onto U.S. Hwy. 36 W. Continue on Hwy. 36 W for 16.7 miles. The entrance to Hermit Park is on your left.