This charming campground sits at the base of a mountainside in the midst of a pine forest. Stupendous views can give the notion of being alone in the quiet wilderness, while the campground provides the simple amenities for tent to RV camping. A handful of trailheads lead into Rocky Mountain National Park, and a free summer shuttle provides access into the town of Estes Park.
This campground requires camping permits, and is open May 15 to October 15. At 8,200 feet in elevation, it is located west of Estes Park, Colorado.
For specifics, ask a ranger for a copy of the Regulations Brochure.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Collection of firewood, including cutting of trees and branches is not allowed.
- Firearms or fireworks are prohibited.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Public consumption of alcohol above 3.2% is prohibited (no kegs allowed).
- Dogs must be on leashes not longer than 10 feet and must not be left unattended at any time.
- Max of 8 people per campsite.
- Bears in the area! Proper food storage required.