County Offices and Courts will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2016 in observance of the President's Day Holiday. The Landfill will be open.
Critical services at Larimer County are not disrupted by closures.
You can make reservations from 180 days to 1 day in advance of the arrival date at www.larimercamping.com or by calling the reservation call center at 1-800-397-7795.
What Are The Rules?
- A three-night reservation is required for the holidays of Memorial Day, Labor Day, and whenever Independence Day (4th of July) falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday at all campsites.
- A two-night reservation is required for:
- weekend dates April through October at all campsites,
- May through September at camper cabins at Hermit Park Open Space,
- At all times for the Airstream at Horsetooth Reservoir. (There is no minimum reservation requirement for camper cabins at Horsetooth Reservoir.)
- Maximum stay is 14 days in any 30-day period in the entire system.
- No Sliding: Reservations made with a departure date beyond the 180-day advance reservations
window may not be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation is made. This rule is in
place to give everyone equal opportunity to reserve the campsite in advance.
- Five (5) reservations is the maximum you can make per phone call or web session.
- First-come, first-served sites: During the recreation season, April through October, sites are only "first-come, first-served" if they have not been reserved. From November through March, almost all sites are "first-come, first-served."
We recommend that you reserve your campsite, camper cabin, tipi or the Airstream in advance to ensure that you have a site in the park of your choice.
When Can You Make A Reservation?
- Reservations are accepted as few as 1 day prior to arrival when using a credit card, or 15 days prior to arrival for checks and money orders. Example: If you are making a reservation online using your credit card, Thursday at midnight is the latest you can make a reservation for Friday. If you are making a reservation through the call center using your credit card, see the call center hours below.
- The farthest out you can make a reservation is 180 days PRIOR TO arrival date. Use a calendar and count backwards.
- The reservation center is open for phone calls seven days a week during the recreation season from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekends. October through March, the reservation center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Online reservations can be made 24 hours a day.
How Do Fees Work?
- The reservation fee is $8.75 per site, per camping trip. It is a non-refundable fee.
- When you make your reservation, payment is required for camping permits. Use your credit card, personal check, or a money order.
- When you arrive at the parks, payment is required for park entrance permits. Purchase daily or annual park entrance permits at the entrance stations, or you can purchase annual park entrance permits online before you get to the parks. Allow mailing time to receive permits before your trip. Check here for current permit prices.
- If you change or cancel a reservation, you must pay an additional $6.35 fee. Plan ahead to save fees! If you cancel fewer than 1 full day before arrival date, or cancel any part of the reservation after arrival at the park, you may forfeit up to two night's camping fees, since the site won't be available for other people to reserve.
- Refunds after arrival date: No refunds for bad weather, poor fishing or leaving early.
Any refund requests after your arrival must be made in person with a Ranger or at the park
office before you leave.
- Walk-in camping fee: $2.50/site