Larimer County Announces Flood Debris Program
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Nov 6, 2013
Stephen Gillette at (970) 498-5762, Solid Waste Director, email@example.com
Gary Darling at (970) 980-2671, County Flood/Debris Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Bassinger, Recovery Manager, (970) 498-7148, email@example.com
FROM: Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager/PIO, (970) 498-7150, firstname.lastname@example.org
- As soon as the contractor and plan is announced citizens will be asked to put flood debris on the side of county roads, making sue to stay off the road itself. However, citizens are asked not to put debris on the sides of county roads until specific guidelines are announced in the next several weeks as potential weather-related issues such as snow pile-up could hamper the program.
- Once developed in the next several weeks, the plan will be announced to the public. It is likely a zone-by-zone plan will be announced. Guidelines will be posted on how the debris needs to be placed and segregated. Material segregation will be necessary, and instructions for segregation will be announced.
- Hazardous waste should not be left for any pick-up. Please call the Larimer County landfill at 970-498-5771 to determine how to dispose of hazardous waste.
- The County’s contractor will not be collecting debris on private land or private roads.
- For volunteer assistance in moving debris to roadsides, please call United Way 211 by entering ‘211’ on your telephone.
- A program targeted at removing large flood debris in waterways may be developed in the future, but is not part of this program.