Missing Man Alive and Well
Release Date: Sep 23, 2013
Larimer County Sheriff's Office
John Schulz, Public Information Officer
The 46-year-old Drake man that had been listed as missing, presumed dead as been found alive and well and has checked in with authorities. The man told deputies he managed to climb out of a window in his house before it was swept away by the flood.
That leaves only one person, a 60-year-old Cedar Cove woman on the missing presumed dead list. The 79-year-old Cedar Cove woman (originally reported as 80 years old) was confirmed dead over the weekend.
The six individuals on the unaccounted list have now officially been listed as missing. These people are not presumed dead but are listed as missing because their family and friends have been unable to contact them since before the flood. In some cases contact with these individuals was sporadic even before the flood and there is no way to be sure they were at the addresses listed.
The six individuals now listed as missing are:
1. James Atwood from 778 Estes Park Estates Drive, Pinewood Springs
2. Bruce Bechtel from 1630 14th Street SE, Loveland
3. Carl Grunke, from 450 Hillside Lane or 626 Little Prospect Rd, Estes Park
4. Jon-Erik Huffspater from unspecified address in Loveland
5. Marilyn Powell from 148 Big Pine Lane, Drake
6. Michael Williams from 13964 CR 43, Drake
Anyone with information on these individuals is asked to call Investigator Kevin Maul at 970-498-5164.