County Coalition offers Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Department: Board of County Commissioners
Release Date: Aug 28, 2013
CONTACT: Lynette McGowan, Caregiver Support Coordinator, Larimer County Office on Aging, 970-498-7758, email@example.com
FROM: Deni La Rue, Community Information Manager, (970) 498-7150
– If you hire someone to care for a loved one while you work, call your mom weekly to see if she is okay, help a parent with finances, take your spouse to doctor's appointments, or have a loved one living with a chronic illness, then this class is designed just for you. A Coalition including the Larimer County Office on Aging is sponsoring five 6-week classes, scheduled to start soon titled Powerful Toolsfor Caregivers:
· Tuesdays, September 10 – October 22, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. St. Joseph Catholic Church, 300 W. Mountain, Ft. Collins. Call 674-0150 to register.
· Wednesdays, September 18 – October 23, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., Redeemer Lutheran Church, 7755 Greenstone Trail, Ft. Collins. Call 568-6070 to register.
· Mondays, October 7 – November 18, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Mountain View Presbyterian Church, 2500 N. Garfield, Loveland. Call 663-3810 to register.
· Tuesdays, October 15 – November 19, 10:00 – 11:45 a.m., Center for Neurorehabilitation Services, 1045 Robertson St., Ft. Collins. Call 493-6667 to register.
· Fridays, October 18 – November 22, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m., The Hillcrest, 535 N. Douglas Ave., Loveland. Call 593-9800 to register.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
helps family caregivers acquire ‘tools’ to increase their self- confidence. If you care for yourself; it will benefit the person you are caring for. You will learn how to: reduce stress, better communicate your feelings, balance your life, deal with difficult emotions, and locate helpful resources. For more information, contact
Lynette McGowan, Caregiver Support Coordinator, Larimer County Office on Aging, (970) 498-7758, firstname.lastname@example.org