Weed Clerk TEMP
The Weed District functions to control noxious weeds throughout Larimer County and enforce the Colorado Noxious Weed Control Act. See our website for more information at http://www.larimer.org/weeds/.
Location: Weed District Office
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Prepare and send all Weed District mailings.
- Record keeping and data entry into various computerized databases.
- Answer customer calls and questions.
- Respond to walk-in customers.
- Process cost-share applications.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and reports and file when appropriate.
- Handling cash and processing credit cards.
- Schedule appointments with customers and sprayer rentals.
- Split out and sell various amounts of herbicides.
- Operate calculator, credit card terminal, and/or check converter.
- Follow procedures in keeping permits, cash, checks, and credit card receipts secure.
- Provide information to public on weed law, procedures, and policies. Provide direction as needed.
- Perform opening procedures at the beginning of shifts and secure and lock at shift-end.
- Act as receptionist; answer the department's main phone line, screen and direct calls.
- Keep logs of voice mails, phone conversations and walk-in customers.
- Provide administrative support services to department staff.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Check and run monthly reports from Quickbooks.
- Other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Natural resources management concepts and principals.
- Basic plant knowledge.
- Herbicides, labels and mixing.
- Basic mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to use conversion tables.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Quickbooks and the Internet.
- Microsoft Publisher and/or ArcMap knowledge a plus.
- Ability to communicate; written and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office/retail/customer service environment.
- Plant identification a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Sit for long periods.