Maintenance Technician II
This position is responsible for building, facility, grounds, and reservoir maintenance programs for assigned parks and open lands managed by Larimer County. This includes aspects of maintenance and repair of all buildings, facilities, grounds, campgrounds, cabins, visitor services buildings, boat docks, buoy's, and other related facilities. This also includes all aspects of tree, shrub, and lawn care, weed control, and other related landscaping needs. Supervises seasonal workers engaged in grounds and facilities maintenance, landscaping, and construction projects. Also supervises volunteers. Work assigned to incumbents is typically reviewed during the work process and upon completion. This is the journey level in the Maintenance Technician class series. Positions in this class are assigned a full range of maintenance duties and are expected to carry out the more complex or technically advanced assignments with minimal supervision.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from higher-level management and/or supervisory personnel.
- Supervises seasonal employees and volunteers.
- Perform maintenance and repair on vehicles, boats, boat docks, equipment, cabins, restrooms, water facilities, visitor services buildings, and other related facilities.
- Make routine purchases necessary for daily operations.
- Plan and schedule work assignments for crews and ensure equipment and supplies are available, including proper safety equipment
- Maintain related records and reports.
- Assist in fabricating and constructing park facilities which may include boat docks, park shelters, picnic tables, park signs, fire grates, campsites, parking areas, small buildings, remodeling, utility lines, facilities, and other similar projects.
- Operate a variety of heavy and light equipment including mowers, chainsaws, tractors, backhoes, boats, and trash compactors.
- Provide information and directions to the public.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Methods, materials, techniques, tools, and the operational characteristics of mechanical equipment used in park maintenance, facility repair and construction, and related vehicle and equipment repair.
- General principles of electrical wiring, plumbing, masonry, carpentry, welding, vehicle mechanics, and horticultural principles.
- Knowledge of landscaping practices including lawn, tree, and shrub care.
- Park maintenance work-related hazards and proper safety precautions.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to park operations.
- Basic recordkeeping and reporting procedures.
- Perform a variety of skilled tasks in park grounds, facility, and equipment maintenance.
- Operate safely a variety of equipment used in park maintenance work.
- Take appropriate action in emergency situations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepare and maintain routine records and interdepartmental reports.
- Act as a resource or expert in program area, providing technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assist in training and supervision of personnel and volunteers engaged in equipment operation, park maintenance operations, and construction projects.
- Weld and fabricate.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and reports
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Three years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required supplemented by specialized training in equipment maintenance, park facilities, horticulture, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certifications by date of hire.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a Colorado Class " B " CDL.