Education Center Attendant TEMP
Provides tours and information for visitors at the Solid Waste's Garbage Garage Education Center at the Landfill relating to waste disposal and reduction, recycling, landfills, and household hazardous wastes. Position reports to the Solid Waste Environmental Educator.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Present information to tour groups and visitors of all ages.
- Supervise tour groups and visitors. Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assist drop-in visitors.
- Set up and close down the Education Center following set guidelines.
- Keep the Education Center clean and safe.
- Perform customer service and reception duties for the Education Center; direct callers and visitors to appropriate department or person; take written messages.
- Conduct tours of the recycling center, household hazardous waste facility, and landfill.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Speak publicly.
- Learn about waste management.
- Supervise the Education Center alone while waiting for the occasional drop-in visitor.
- Work with a variety of age groups, especially children, and people of different backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- One year of experience, preferably in customer service.
- Prefer some experience with public speaking or teaching.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.