Accounting Technician II
Accounting Technician II is the journey level job in the Accounting Technician series. The Accounting Technician II performs moderately complex clerical accounting duties requiring a working knowledge of bookkeeping and public agency accounting procedures.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives immediate supervision from higher level supervisory or management personnel.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Enters accounting data in computer, ledger and other accounting records.
- Maintains accounting records, statements of accounts, summaries and reports.
- Prepares and reviews warrants, vouchers, deposits, requisitions, invoices and other clerical accounting transactions.
- Maintains efficient filing systems.
- Compiles and tabulates data and balances accounting records.
- Reviews, verifies, and corrects standardized reports of accounting information.
- Maintains payroll records, time sheets, computes necessary payroll calculations and prepares payroll summaries.
- Performs related work as required.
- Mathematical principles and procedures.
- Data processing operations related to the maintenance of fiscal records.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- High School diploma or GED required, supplemented by specialized bookkeeping course work.
- One year of experience comparable to a Larimer County Accounting Technician I, in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.