Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Workforce Center Director
Manages the operations and personnel of the Larimer County Workforce Center providing employment related services. Directs the overall direction, funding, and provision of employment related services and programs to County residents.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general direction from the Assistant County Manager.
- Exercises direct supervision over all employees of the Workforce Center department.
- Provide direct and indirect supervision through subordinate supervisors of all positions, employees, and functions within the Workforce Center; provide broad direction, oversee policy and procedure standards, and evaluate performance of supervisors, direct reports, and operations; conduct second-level review of performance evaluation; resolve pervasive and complex personnel problems.
- Develop and monitor program funding resources; develop and/or review grant proposals; oversee grant and contract fund administration; make resource and budget allocation decisions.
- Develop and monitor partnership and shared service agreements with public and not-for profit entities.
- Evaluate services and programs provided by the Center and its staff; review and implement improvements; develop, implement and evaluate goals and performance of the Workforce Center.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations concerning program requirement changes and employment and social services trends; develop and implement policy and procedure changes throughout the Workforce Center.
- Interpret policy and procedural questions for staff, County administration, the Workforce Center Board, State and Federal representatives, clients, etc.
- Coordinate programs and services with other County divisions and departments and outside agencies.
- Develop and manage the budget; review and approve expenditures.
- Participate in various committees and boards related to program activities and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Local labor market and employment practices.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to State and Federal employment programs.
- Social Services programs and services.
- Leadership methods and management skills.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- State and Federal government and private grant funding resources and programs.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to government provided employment program.
- Budget management and resource allocation according to governmental standards and procedures.
- Supervise and mentor professional and support staff in a productive and positive manner.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with Local, State, and National agencies and organizations.
- Organize material, present information, and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for service.
- Perform effective public speaking to groups of varied interests and backgrounds.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Over 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in related Social/Human Services field or performance of duties including management of programs and personnel.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Social Services, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.