Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Web Applications Developer
Part of the Web Services team which develops and maintains Larimer County's existing public-facing Virtual Courthouse (VCHOUSE) and internal Bulletin Board (BBOARD) web sites. The Web Application Developer acts as the primary support and backup for the Senior Application Programmer Analyst currently in charge of the operation/maintenance and fulfilling new service requests of these important web services.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Utilizing tools and techniques associated with Cold Fusion, HTML, Java Script, SQL Server, CSS, Responsive Design the Web Application Developer:
- Maintains and supports existing web applications and content pages, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features.
- Utilizes rapid prototyping and Agile development practices to increase user involvement, delivers functionality quickly and improves likelihood of meeting requirements.
- Participates in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications.
- Converts data from various formats (Excel, Access, etc.) into developed databases.
- Interfaces with customers directly to gather requirements, troubleshoots problems, provide training, etc.
- Balances a variety of concurrent projects
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Organization and analytic skills, with strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill with:
- Common business software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio to visualize, discuss and present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent with 3+ years direct hands on experience
- 3+ years writing and maintaining SQL in enterprise class and open source databases.
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Standard Office Environment - Office equipment such as computer, projector, copier, fax etc.