Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Parts of the Larimer County Virtual Courthouse website may be unavailable during maintenance on Tuesday, June 30 from 5 - 7 p.m.
Performs a variety of highly responsible, confidential, and complex duties to coordinate warrants entry and retrieval. Processes various general CCIC/NCIC needs for other units within the Detention Center.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Detention Services Manager.
- Exercises indirect supervision over lower level clerical staff as assigned.
- Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential duties in the warrants area.
- Process incoming warrants from District and County Courts; cross check all information against a variety of sources.
- Prepare warrant documentation and track information; maintain accurate files.
- Enter information into NCIC/CCIC compute, and exit information when subject is arrested; send and receive teletypes.
- Prepare all paperwork and necessary documents for extraditions; maintain and upkeep extradition files.
- Communicate with District Attorney's Office or other agencies on extraditions; prepare all extradition paperwork and provide all necessary documentation to extradition officers.
- Prepare periodic reports.
- Develop and implement creative solutions to problems.
- Build rapport with District Attorney's Office and others contacted in course of work; interact as needed with other County departments, outside agencies, and department components as required.
- Maintain and manage computerized information; ensure data integrity through ongoing structured error correction and validate information; maintain security of computerized systems.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Modern office methods, equipment, and procedures.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Thorough understanding of computer systems used in course of assignment.
- Basic knowledge of law enforcement and Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Operate standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including extensive computer work.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Interpret and apply agency policies and procedures; maintain thorough knowledge of County and state judicial system requirements.
- Prepare and complete accurate reports.
- Perform typing functions within required words per minute.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of responsible clerical experience involving the ability to work independently and with accuracy.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have acceptable hearing to hear on the phone and in person.
- Must have appropriate voice skills to be clearly understood when giving directions both on the phone and in person; may be required to talk extensively on the telephone.
- Must have acceptable eyesight for computer work.
- Must have fine and gross motor skills and full use of arms, hands, and fingers to perform computer duties.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, twist, reach, kneel, squat, and balance.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations.
- Must have good cognitive skills and awareness of work accuracy.
- Must have ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time and to make independent decisions.