Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Voter Registration Technician
Oversees all aspects of the voter registration processes. Assists with mapping. Answers voters' questions and portrays the Clerk and Recorder's Election Department in a positive manner at all times. Assists with phone bank training manual and training.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Election Operations Manager.
- Receives direct supervision from the Voter Registration Project Lead.
- Exercises direct supervision over temporary voter registration workers.
- Administer state and federal election laws to provide successful voting and voter registration experiences for staff and the public.
- Review, analyze, and explains voter registration statutes and rules.
- Oversee data entry completeness and adherence to established data entry standards.
- Maintain a clean, accurate voter registration database.
- Assist with all mapping functions necessary for the creation and maintenance of all taxing districts, municipalities, and towns in the voter registration function.
- Answer questions and respond to any voter calls regarding non-received ballots, incorrect ballots, or voter errors; direct any such calls to the appropriate project lead.
- Maintain statistical information required for reporting to the Secretary of State.
- Ensure accurate voter registration data is available to the public and political entities.
- Maintain contacts for voter registration at agencies, high schools, and Citizen Information Center; update all training manuals as needed.
- Maintain voter registration drives logbook.
- Order voter registration forms as needed.
- Create all reporting requirements of the National Voter Registration Act.
- Re-design any processes or forms including voter registration, emergency registration, voter changes and emergency voting that have changed through legislative actions.
- Extensive public contact on a daily basis; answer questions, explain processes and further the voter education process with the public.
- Assist with legislative reviews as needed.
- Assist with the petition process as needed.
- Assist with re-precincting projects as needed.
- Work in any Clerk and Recorder department when necessary.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to organizations in public administration.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to the Clerk and Recorder.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 1, election laws, and other relevant statutory references to the election process; Secretary of State Rules and regulations as directed by statute; Federal election laws as applicable including, but not limited to, The Help America Vote Act of 2002 and The National Voting Rights Act of 1963; thorough understanding of voter registration.
- Department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Principles and best practices of elections, project management, public relations, and personnel management.
- Supervisory principles, procedures and methods including selection, training, discipline and evaluation.
- Routine software and business applications including but not limited to voter registration, election management, word processing, spreadsheets, layouts, scheduling, project management and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives with other agencies and organizations, vendors and members of the public.
- Read and interpret statutes.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members assigned to the voter registration and absentee team.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- The elections process is extremely complex and requires accuracy and detailed attention. Stress is most definitely a factor in this position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- One year of supervisory experience in the elections area or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, voter's registration in State of Colorado.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain in the next two years, a Colorado State Election Certification.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Must be able to:
- Lift ballot boxes and cases weighing up to 32 pounds from floor level to 60 inches above floor level.
- Carry up to 32 pounds from a cart to a vehicle.
- Push and/or pull with up to 25 pounds of force.
- Stand and/or walk for up to eight hours during quality control tasks.