Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Provides supervision of the Community Corrections Transportation Unit and Larimer Lift staff. Coordinates activities and schedules of both transportation services.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Community Corrections Assistant Director and Correctional Services Supervisor.
- Exercises direct supervision over Community Corrections Transportation Unit (CCTU) and Larimer Lift staff.
- Provide supervision for other employees within work unit, which include scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work, instructing/training in work methods, the hiring and performance evaluation processes.
- Provide training for all transportation staff on procedures that include protocols for the Larimer County Justice Center, the Hub, Platte Valley Youth Services, Law Enforcement, and the Larimer Lift.
- Ensure that all required training programs are completed in accordance with the parameters of the program.
- Certify CCTU staff in Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) and monitor compliance with follow up requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and required staffing patterns for the following duties: transportation services for the Larimer Center for Mental Health, the Hub, Platte Valley Youth Services, Larimer County Justice Center (courts), and the Larimer Lift; standby security services at the Hub, the courts, and Poudre Valley Hospital (PVH); client home visits for the Department of Human Services and Community Corrections.
- Perform administrative duties including record keeping, statistical analysis, and monthly billing reports for CCTU and the Larimer Lift. Provide reports on trends associated with all transportation service.
- Review and approve all required documentation from the CCTU and Larimer Lift staff including incident reports, chronological case notes, vehicle log books, and rider manifests.
- Serve as the liaison to Fleet Services and Risk Management for vehicle maintenance and incident reporting.
- Responsible for inventory, maintenance, and purchase of equipment for Transportation Services.
- Attend staff, departmental, or collateral agency meetings as assigned.
- Attend training as needed and/or required.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and security methods in a juvenile/offender program.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to juvenile correctional facilities, juvenile confinement, and/or alternative sentencing programs and Federal guidelines associated with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Colorado Department of Transportation relative to Para transit.
- Court and criminal justice processes and systems.
- Record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- A minimum of two years experience in a supervisory position.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certifications by date of hire.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.