Supply Technician I
Performs a wide variety of general and technical clerical duties within the Sheriff's Office, including maintenance of records and files, processing of statistical data and reports and providing information to the public, outside agencies and office staff.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives immediate supervision from the Section Supervisor.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Accurately process, type, record, and/or file a wide variety of records, reports, and materials using computer equipment, which may include memos, letters, complaints, declarations, dispositions, warrants, or reports from handwritten copy or audiotapes.
- Perform clerical functions in a law enforcement environment; may type case reports, which may include profane language, distasteful or graphic portrayals, and in-depth descriptions of criminal conduct.
- Perform data entry, update, research, storage, and retrieval using a variety of computer systems; maintain appropriate records and files.
- Maintain accuracy, confidentiality, and security of all records and work area.
- Exercise considerable independent judgment in giving out information and referring inquiries to the proper staff or agency.
- As required, compile, summarize, and maintain a variety of statistical reports.
- May be asked to work in a secured environment; in such position, would be responsible for screening visitors and make decisions that may affect the safety of a facility.
- As required, serve as a resource person to the public or other employees in giving out information and referring inquiries to the proper staff or agency; make independent judgments on types of information to be provided based on a broad knowledge of requirements of the position as well as knowledge of how previous similar incidents were handled.
- May be required to work shifts.
- Issue ammunition and keep ammunition log in armory updated accurately.
- Assist Supervisor with supply requests and ordering, receiving and distributing supplies.
- Monitor supply items in stock; maintain stock in good order.
- Order printed forms; stock and control forms; order business cards, including reviewing proofs for accuracy.
- Measure employees for uniforms; issue uniforms and equipment to new employees; check in uniform and equipment when employees leave employment. Order uniforms as needed.
- Unload, deliver and stock received items; package, address and ship outgoing items.
- Assist in picking up supplies from various vendors and locations.
- May be subjected to caustic, flammable or other hazardous materials.
- Assist in transporting department vehicles to various locations.
- Assist in verifying annual County inventory.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Deal effectively with the public in a professional and helpful manner.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Use office automation systems, including basic proficiency with computer applications such as e-mail, word processor, spreadsheet and database look-up and/or entry.
- Operate standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Perform typing functions at 40 words per minute.
- Prepare and complete accurate reports.
- Learn and conform to all office policies and procedures.
- Must have cognitive skills and awareness of work accuracy, ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time, and make independent decisions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- One year of responsible clerical experience involving considerable public contact; accurately and efficiently process information using a keyboard.
- High School diploma or GED.
Must be able to:
- Clearly distinguish specific colors and shades and hues of colors.
- Have acceptable hearing and appropriate voice skills to be clearly understood on the telephone and in person.
- Sit up to two hours at a time for a total of 6.5 hours in an eight-hour shift.
- Stand occasionally throughout the day for a total of 30 minutes in an eight-hour shift.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, or squat occasionally throughout an eight-hour shift.
- Have acceptable hearing to hear well on the telephone and appropriate voice skills to be clearly understood on the telephone.
- May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Lift, push, pull, drag, or carry 55 pounds.
- Stoop, bend, stretch, reach, crouch, kneel, squat, or twist to perform various duties.
- May be subjected to caustic, flammable, or other hazardous materials.
- Be capable of engaging in sometimes physically strenuous activities such as climbing stairs, lifting and carrying equipment, and other manual labor tasks.
- Have acceptable eyesight and must have use of arms, hands, and fingers to perform duties.
- May be required to work both indoors and outdoors in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Work under stressful situations, such as receiving directives from several sources.
- Have good cognitive skills, awareness of work accuracy, ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time, and make independent decisions.