Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Senior Document Production Specialist
Performs day-to-day general and complex advanced production and administrative activities associated with supporting FITD Print & Mail Services including operation and routine maintenance of printing, copying, and related equipment, insuring quality assurance/quality control of finished products, maintaining appropriate department records and files, and providing general and detailed assistance to customers. Differentiates from the entry-level Document Production Specialist class by performing higher level responsibilities required in FITD Print & Mail Services. Coordinates the work of the entry level Document Production Specialist, volunteer, work experience, and community service workers, as well as other staff who may be temporarily assigned to the department.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills,& Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the FITD Print & Mail Services Team Lead.
- Exercises indirect supervision over subordinate technical employees.
- Receive and review customer orders for printing/copying production.
- Operate high speed digital printers, copiers, offset presses, and other production equipment in the production of various printed communications products.
- Monitor job scheduling and due dates to insure deadlines are met.
- Make routine and non-routine adjustments and minor repairs to equipment and maintain equipment in good working order.
- Confer with customers on detailed specifications required for the execution of printing orders.
- Perform a variety of related printing/copying tasks such as collating, stapling, drilling, folding, trimming, and binding of products.
- Prepare customer bills by calculating charges and/or entering data into automated billing system.
- Perform some detailed accounting functions such as adding/deleting/revising automated billing system customer accounts, perform monthly printing and copying billing/invoicing/accounts receivable and related tasks.
- Monitor costs and place orders for paper stock and printer and copier supplies with vendors.
- Attend internal or divisional staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Printing, copying, and related equipment and supplies.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Software and techniques for File transfer, PDF creation, desktop design and typography, font technology, and imposition for copying, digital printing, or commercial offset printing.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Handle multiple priorities and prioritize workload and duties successfully.
- Compile and maintain departmental records and files.
- Work in a team and production environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience in operation of copying, printing, or duplicating equipment, a directly related field, or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities. Two years with graphic design and desktop publishing software.
- High School diploma or GED required.OTHER INFORMATION
Must be able to:
- Lift, carry, drag, push, and pull up to 70 lbs.
- Stand and walk frequently.
- HEAVY - Exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequently 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours/day
- STOOPING - Bending body downward and forward. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- CROUCHING - Bending body downward and for-ward by bending legs and spine.
- REACHING - Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- HANDLING - Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
- FINGERING - Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- FEELING - Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
: Not Limited
- TALKING - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- HEARING - perceiving the nature of sounds. Used for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sounds, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Environmental Conditions and Physical Surroundings - Exposure: Frequently 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours/day
- NEAR ACUITY - Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less. Use this factor when special and minute accuracy is demanded.
- ACCOMMODATION - Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus. Use this factor when requiring near point work at varying distances.
- COLOR VISION - Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- NOISE - Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds or a pitch or level sufficient to cause mark ed distraction or possible hearing loss.
- ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS - Exposure to conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, and dusts that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin.
HAZARDS: Frequently 2 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours/day
- Office equipment such as computer, projector, copier, fax, hand truck, etc.
- Proximity to moving, mechanical parts.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Exposure to dust and fumes.