Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Senior Business Analyst
This is a senior position within the Business Analyst series. Positions within the Business Analyst (BA) series are responsible for analyzing the present business or organization's practices and processes & find ways to improve on them significantly. A business analyst may be tasked with finding areas and aspects of a business that need change and development in order to create an overall better output or efficiency for the business. The BA will oversee the changes to the business plan, work process, and other areas that these changes are needed, as well as facilitating and researching ways to get these changes implemented much faster and more effectively. Other responsibilities include analyzing current structures, operations, processes, and procedures and offer solutions for improvement. The BA must know the needs of the business or clients to help identify business problems and propose solutions, to include change management associated with the impacts of business analysis to individuals involved. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and improves internal processes, methodologies and strategies. Business analysts may overlap into roles such as project manager for individual small to medium projects The BA is also the liaison between the business unit and the Facilities and Information Technology Division,
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Business Analyst I and II in Larimer County:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- May exercise direct or indirect supervision over support and professional staff, and/or cross functional project team including outside vendors.
- Receives direct supervision from Management level staff.
- Understands the business issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Understands information and data needs, flows, and challenges of the organization.
- Integrates and compares data.
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Review and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns, and execute plans.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Develops functional specifications and functional system design.
- Drive and challenge business to execute plans.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Analysis of existing business process for the purpose of business and service improvements
- Project oversight and recommendations to project sponsors related to success or failures within project deliverables.
- Implements quality assurance procedures in accordance with methodology.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk of analysis activities.
In addition to the knowledge, skills, abilities of a Business Analyst I and II in Larimer County:
- Ability to implement changes within the organization and apply best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in systems analysis and requirements gathering.
- Skills and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Ability to apply return on investment and cost benefit analysis to a variety of projects and processes within the business.
- Ability to facilitate change within the business.
- Ability to apply the practices and principals of business analysis, business process improvement, and project coordination.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to identify cross departmental/divisional interdependencies.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent skills in active listening skills.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a consensus, compromise, common vision or goal.
- REQUIRED: Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
- REQUIRED: Additional training, classes, or course work in Change Management, Project Management, Facilitation, Conflict Resolution, and/or Communications
- PREFERRED: Masters degree. Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) Certification through the International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Eight or more years experience and/or Graduate Degree. May require supervisory experience.
- Standard Office Environment.
- Office equipment such as computer, typewriter, projector, copier, fax etc.