County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Records Management Technician I
Performs day-to-day general production activities associated with supporting an Imaging and Records Management Center including basic and complex document preparation for scanning, operating all standard County scanners, basic and advanced indexing/data entry of documents, ensuring Quality Assurance/Quality Control of images and indexes are adhered to, maintaining records activity in the vault, maintaining appropriate department records and files, and provide general to advanced assistance with the Imaging and Records Management processes.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the first level supervisor.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Receive departmental documentation for scanning production.
- Input documents into the imaging system by scanning and indexing departmental documents according to established imaging procedures.
- Perform data entry of a variety of index fields associated with each document class type.
- Ensure documents are clear and indexed properly by performing standard quality assurance and quality control processes for scanning and indexing.
- Maintain records of production activity by; document type, record series, and/or equipment readings.
- Assist with record retention standards and preparation of documents for imaging.
- Explain and assist departmental liaisons with preparation of necessary documentation to submit for an imaging project.
- Attend internal or divisional staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Federal, state, or local government business.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Organize and manage time to successfully complete tasks and projects.
- Work in a team and production environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- No experience to one year of experience in records management, a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.