Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Performs the most complex Recording and customer services work within the Clerk and Recorder's Office. Provides training on occasional basis.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives direct supervision from Recording Supervisor, CIC Coordinator, or Recording Manager.
- Receives indirect supervision from the Operations Specialist.
- Provide direct support services to the public as an information source on recording policies and procedures; assist customers with physical search; interpret statutory requests for record processing.
- Assist with accountability for other employees within work unit which may include scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, and instructing/training in work methods.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the flow of work in the Recording Department,
- Provide training on an occasional basis to Recording Technicians; work directly with staff; respond to questions as new and unusual situations arise.
- Analyze recording problems and resolve discrepancies; make appropriate corrections to document indexing records as directed.
- Review and provide input on office policies and procedures.
- Maintain and develop computer applications and files.
- Input appropriate information into computer system to process transactions; make corrections and update information on the system as appropriate.
- Under direction of Recording Supervisor, CIC Coordinator, or Recording Manager, at the advisement of legal counsel, pull and return documents unsuitable for recording.
- Perform special studies and projects as assigned and required.
- Serve as back up for other related positions as needed.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Fundamental principles of bookkeeping, cashiering, and record keeping.
- Technical terms pertinent to the recording of legal documents.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to recording programs.
- Recording applications required to record a document.
- Procedures to operate microfiche and microfilm readers.
- Organization, procedures, and operating details of the Recording Department.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Training methods and techniques.
- Compile and maintain a variety of computer records and files.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Interpret, enforce, and apply Federal and State of Colorado laws, and Larimer County Clerk & Recorder rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Use available references and research materials.
- Operate imaging and data processing equipment as assigned.
- Operate and maintain a computerized database system.
- Perform mathematical computations and effectively operate a ten-key calculator.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience in a directly related clerical or customer service related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required.