County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Purchasing Agent I
Performs a variety of technical duties in the purchase and contracting of a wide variety of equipment, materials, supplies, and services for the County
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receives general supervision from the Purchasing Director or Fleet Services Director.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchasing of a wide variety of supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Receive, examine, and process requisitions.
- Solicit bids from vendors for purchases within limits established by County policy; compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Select appropriate vendors; accomplish the purchase of supplies, equipment, and services as assigned.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Purchasing methods, procedures, and techniques of specification writing.
- Methods and techniques utilized in evaluating and analyzing the quality of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to purchasing and general accounting programs.
- Department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Intermediate experience with Excel.
- Evaluate quality and prices of products to judge suitability of goods and alternatives offered.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Tactfully and skillfully obtain the right materials and services at the right time for a fair and reasonable price.
- Interpret and explain County purchasing policies and procedures.
- Learn and manage purchasing related software, and problem solve software issues.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business or Public Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- No experience to two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.