Process Server Temp
The Process Server performs duties necessary to serve process on witnesses for various court hearings, including collecting information to identify and locate individuals.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Research information using law enforcement data banks including CCIC and NCIC to locate witnesses.
- Serve subpoenas to identified witnesses following legal protocol and law enforcement safety practices.
- Safely operate office vehicles and law enforcement radio systems.
- Show proficiency in basic law enforcement self defense techniques and non-lethal weapons.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Sufficient computer knowledge to learn and operate basic office programs.
- Evidence handling procedures.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Associate's degree or at least 60 college credits preferred.
- Possession of a valid Colorado drivers license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a CCIC operators number.
- No previous felony or domestic violence convictions or arrest.
- No DUI convictions or suspension of driver's license.
- Previous law enforcement or civil process experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in providing testimony in criminal cases.