Planning & Building Intern TEMP
Intern will primarily be responsible for performing field collection of off-premise sign inventory and conducting site visits of residual lands for the purpose of monitoring compliance with management plans. Intern will also be responsible for inputting data into a database. Intern must be able to read maps, and handle a digital camera and a handheld GPS Unit. Some GIS experience is preferred.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Perform data entry of planning project information into planning database
- Conduct and document site visits of residual lands for the purpose of monitoring compliance with management plan.
- Digitize/map hard copy data into GIS, and tie to parcel information
- Perform field collection of off-premise sign inventory, and input data into a database
- Consolidate and analyze spreadsheet data
- Design graphic format and page layout templates for the rural resources handbook
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Graphic design skills and experience.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
Experienced in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or graphic design software; knowledge of graphic design software and/or ArcMap GIS software is desirable.
Experienced with data entry input on a personal computer utilizing a standard computer keyboard.
Possession of a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Have completed at least the sophomore year of study in Planning, graphic design, business administration or a related field.