County Offices, Courts and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, September 7 in observance of the Labor Day Holiday.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Natural Res Tech - Graphic Design TEMP
A seasonal employee who assists with the development and coordination of creating signs, media and outreach materials within the Department of Natural Resources. Designs the department's annual report and various media materials. Develops the annual calendar, maps, displays, signs and other media and graphics as needed either in-house or with outside vendors. Assists with outreach events on an as needed basis and provides general support to the Outreach, Education and Volunteer programs.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Design and lead process to develop LCNR Annual Report.
- Create various promotional/informative media including but not limited to brochures, monthly events fliers, presentations, templates, rack cards, info graphics and displays.
- Design and coordinate production and development of informational and interpretive signs.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on creation of publications and media.
- Perform ad-hoc graphic design requests from throughout the department.
- Assist with special projects related to the Department's image and media.
- Provide general support to the Outreach, Education, and Volunteer programs.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create media (posters, brochures, maps etc) and using graphic design skills.
- Experience in visual arts and/or marketing.
- Familiarity with print preparation and production.
- Various computer software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as desktop publishing software from the Adobe Suite of products (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously independently without close supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Develop and modify work procedures, methods, and processes to improve efficiency.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- At least one year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties.
- Equivalent to an Associate's degree or higher from an accredited institution with coursework in marketing, graphic design, visual or fine arts.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Must be able to:
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Walk great distances over uneven or rough terrain.
- Work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
- Office environment.
- Limited work outdoors.