Maintenance Worker TEMP
Position requires the desire and ability to perform heavy physical labor, day or night in all weather conditions anywhere in Larimer County.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Perform basic tasks in the construction, maintenance, and repair of County roads, bridges, and related facilities, including activities such as grading and compacting, culvert installation and cleaning, cattle guard installation and cleaning, guardrail installation and repair, concrete placing and finishing, paving, patching, crack sealing, and chip sealing.
- Perform heavy physical and arduous labor for extended periods of time outdoors in all weather conditions, day or night, including activities and physical demands requiring strength to lift, carry, push, pull, and otherwise move objects of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and the demands on a constant basis of talking, hearing, listening, ordinary conversation, seeing (near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, and field of vision), gross and fine motor skills coordination while standing, walking, and kneeling for long periods of time.
- Use hand tools and operate powered devices such as compaction equipment, water pumps, wood chippers, generators, pick up trucks, rubber-tired and steel wheel vibratory rollers, farm tractors with mower, broom, rock rake, and other attachments, and similar types of equipment used in roadway construction and maintenance.
- Perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment.
- Build, install, and repair wooden structures such as form work, walls and decks, fences, and railings.
- Build, install, and repair metal structures such as signs, guardrails, cattle guards, and mailboxes.
- Perform skilled tasks in the repair, maintenance, and construction of roads and bridges.
- Perform flag person duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Technical terms pertinent to the required licenses and certificates shown below.
- Learn the operation of a variety of road maintenance equipment.
- Work well with others in understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions under the supervision of a Team Leader, Functional Group Manager, or higher grade personnel while following safe operating practices, rules, and procedures during normal work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Qualify for a CDOT Flagging Certificate.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Related experience preferred.
- Possession of a valid Colorado Driver's License preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Employees must provide their own steel-toe safety shoes.