Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Maintenance Technician I
Responsible for building, facility, grounds, and reservoir maintenance for assigned parks and open lands managed by Larimer County. Aspects of maintenance and repair of all buildings, facilities, grounds, campgrounds, cabins, visitor services buildings, boat docks, buoys, and other related facilities. This also includes all aspects of tree, shrub, and lawn care, weed control, and other related landscaping needs. Supervises seasonal workers engaged in grounds and facilities maintenance, landscaping, and construction projects. Also supervises volunteers. Work assigned to incumbents is typically reviewed during the work process and upon completion.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from higher-level management and/or supervisory personnel.
- Supervises seasonal employees and volunteers.
- Perform maintenance and repair on vehicles, boats, boat docks, equipment, cabins, restrooms, water facilities, visitor services buildings, and other related facilities.
- Make routine purchases necessary for daily operations.
- Assist in fabricating and constructing park facilities which may include boat docks, park shelters, picnic tables, park signs, fire grates, campsites, parking areas, small buildings, remodeling, utility lines, facilities, and other similar projects.
- Operate a variety of heavy and light equipment including mowers, chainsaws, tractors, backhoes, boats, and trash compactors.
- Provide information and directions to the public.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Methods, materials, techniques, tools, and the operational characteristics of mechanical equipment used in park maintenance, facility repair and construction, and related vehicle and equipment repair.
- General principles of electrical wiring, plumbing, masonry, carpentry, welding, vehicle mechanics, and horticultural principles.
- Knowledge of landscaping practices including lawn, tree, and shrub care.
- Park maintenance work-related hazards and proper safety precautions.
- Scope and application of laws and regulations pertaining to park operations.
- Basic recordkeeping and reporting procedures.
- Perform a variety of skilled tasks in park grounds, facility, and equipment maintenance.
- Operate safely a variety of equipment used in park maintenance work.
- Take appropriate action in emergency situations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by specialized training in equipment maintenance, park facilities, horticulture, or a related field.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certifications by date of hire.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.