Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
LETA Training Specialist
Develop, implement, conduct, and administer training on all programs funded and supported by LETA. Ensure that such programs support LETA's strategic goals, objectives, and initiatives. Act as an internal consultant to LETA's government partners for best practices and internal training initiatives. Provide public education and public outreach for all programs that are funded and supported by LETA. Work closely with the various Public Information Officers as needed for outreach or support during or after an event. Performs office administrative support for LETA's Board and LETA Staff to include meeting and travel planning, customer service, and other related duties. Performs customer service duties including reception activities, answering process and program-related questions, and entering and maintaining related data.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receive general supervision from the LETA Executive Director.
- Supervise all contract positions.
- Assume full management responsibility of all day-to-day operations related to LETA's Quality Assurance and Training Program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, polices, and priorities for assigned functions; recommend and implement approved policies and procedures.
- Act as internal consultant for LETA's Government Partners on individual or organizational training needs. Recommend and/or deliver appropriate training or development programs to both meet the needs of the requesting department and to support LETA's goals and objectives.
- Design, develop, and present training for all levels of employees in LETA's partner organizations. Ensure that presented programs support LETA's initiatives.
- Coordinate assigned activities with LETA's Government Partners. Partner with outside agencies to jointly offer training or other related programs for the mutual benefit of LETA.
- Gather and analyze data related to assigned projects, conduct research, and prepare reports and recommendations; measure programs for effectiveness and return on investment.
- Maintain awareness of changes in governmental laws, regulations, and case law affecting LETA's policies.
- Design, coordinate, and revise training programs. Track participation, maintain related statistics, and identify areas needing enhancement or change.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Conduct training for kids on the 911 simulators. Support and attend public safety fairs, as well as community forums, and other community meetings as requested.
- Perform customer service and reception duties for LETA; provide general information as well as respond to specific questions; route inquiries appropriately for more complex matters and interpretation issues.
- Establish, maintain, and adjust appointments, activity calendars, and work schedules for work groups and individuals.
- Make meeting and travel arrangements.
- Order and maintain inventory of office and other departmental supplies and equipment; track expenditures; ensure operations of office equipment through contracted maintenance services.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas, packets, and related materials; take, tape, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Prepare and proofread standardized documents and forms; compose standard correspondence and written responses upon request and review of other staff members.
- Prepare and provide written articles and narrative for newsletters; prepare bulletins, brochures, publications, and marketing materials for programs.
- Schedule work orders, service calls, and other activities for departmental employees; maintain activity and work logs; may dispatch other employees on a regular or emergency basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Internal consulting and coaching principles, practices, and objectives.
Staff development program design and administration processes.
Organizational development principles, practices, and objectives.
Principles, practices and objectives of facilitation, mediation, and other group and individual interaction techniques.
Group dynamics, adult learning theory, and related techniques.
Training needs analysis procedures and techniques.
Statistical concepts and methods for measuring effectiveness and return on investment for training and organizational development programs.
Principles and practices of accurate record keeping.
Effectively use various training and organizational development tools as appropriate.
Maintain familiarity with current trends and best practices in assigned areas.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Collect, compile and analyze information and data.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
Perform duties independently without close supervision.
Provide professional customer service to public.
Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Follow written and verbal instructions.
Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Five years of experience in 9-1-1 or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Two years of experience in training programs and/or two years in staff development program or experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- NAEMD Certified.
- CPR Certified.
- ENP Certified or Certified within one year of hire.
- While employment is with LETA, payroll and benefits are managed through Larimer County Sheriff's Department.