Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
LETA Technical Project Manager
Under limited direction; employee will require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. Employee will be required to formulate, affect, interpret, and implement management policies and operating practices. Employee will direct, administer, and manage Technology Support for LETA to include overall support and maintenance of communications and information technology infrastructure (network, communications, system administration, technical support, and support services). Responsible for overall leadership and management of all technical aspects of LETA's projects. Works closely with all Information Technology Divisions within LETA's Government Partners. Works on developing the strategic and tactical direction of services delivered by LETA to our government partners following LETA's mission and objectives. Accountable for ensuring that technology infrastructure, support services, and project management standards and policies are adhered to along with the maintenance and change management processes and methods to best meet internal and external customer requirements. Manages and/or supports projects and related activities including, but not limited to, developing project plans, creating decision papers, major architecture or technology decisions, system upgrades, and interfacing with vendors. Provides LETA's government partners and their IT Divisions with Technical Briefs on all LETA projects. Employee will carry out major assignments in conducting the overall business for LETA. Provides ongoing technical advisement to technical and operational staff of LETA's government partners.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receives general guidance and supervision from the LETA Executive Director.
- No direct supervision.
- Provide technical leadership to each Technical Support Services Divisions of LETA's government partners. Including being conversant with the future direction of communications and information technology infrastructure (network, communications, system administration, technical support, and support services), how that direction will impact the organization/department, and how future and current infrastructure can be exploited for the benefit of the organization/department.
- Direct and facilitate the design of large and/or complex technology infrastructure systems or upgrades which are designed to provide the infrastructure for delivering 911 and other relevant programs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support departmental goals as required for the planning and implementation of strategies which assure customer satisfaction, system availability, service levels, and meeting and exceeding problem resolution.
- Meet with Group Managers or project sponsors to outline work plans, develop time frames, and to assign duties and responsibilities; determines the allotment of available resources to various maintenance and project activities.
- Direct, motivate, delegate, and empower Group Managers and teams to successfully perform their tasks and responsibilities while also encouraging innovation.
- Establish problem tracking and change verification processes that ensure quality and cost effective modification to information technology production environments; monitor these environments to enforce related policies and procedures.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Proactively communicate with customer community and provide technical advisory services as required; establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all departments to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Assist in preparing and planning the annual budget document.
- Create and manage the LETA web site and the LETA intranet site.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A broad range of information technologies including n-tiered client/server, computing environments, web technologies, servers, storage, imaging, email, etc.
- A broad range of communications technologies including wide area networks, fiber networks, frame-relay networks, public safety radio and microwave networks, PBX's, Voice over IP, etc.
- Data communications including protocols, tariffs, monitoring, and network forecasting techniques
- Techniques and hardware capabilities of a large scale database and data communications environment
- A broad range of operating systems including Windows NT, Windows XP, Novell, Solaris, or other Unix systems.
- A broad range of local and wide area network communications technologies including TCP/IP, Fast Ethernet, Gig-E, ATM, MOE, and Frame Relay.
- Project management methods and techniques.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Performance measurement and customer service improvement practices.
- Federal, state, or local government business.
- Plan and implement multiple large and/or complex communications and information technology infrastructure projects.
- Assess organizational needs and relate appropriate technology solutions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and monitor tasks and resources in order to accomplish established goals and objectives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate methods, procedures, and policies applicable to Technical Support Services, Systems Administration, and Support Services.
- Demonstrate one-on-one and group interpersonal skills. Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instruction. Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with persons also under stress.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Understanding and knowledge in Geographic Information System (GIS) and Master Street Addressing Guides (MSAG) are preferred.
- Ability to develop and creatively design and maintain the LETA web site and the LETA intranet sites.
- Five years of experience in information systems and technology in public safety, a directly related field, or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities. Three years of experience with implementing large and/or complex database, systems, and network projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field required. Experience Equivalent to a Master's Degree or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field preferred.
- ENP certified, or certification achieved within one year of hire
- While employment is with LETA, payroll and benefits are managed through Larimer County Sheriff's Department.