Maintains motor vehicle licensing inventory including receipt, distribution, and security of all related items. Performs "central receiving" activities including the acceptance and inspection of shipments consigned to departments within the Larimer County Courthouse. Assists with off-site warehouse maintenance, provides forklift service as needed, and participates in the election process as directed. Performs "on site" SMM (Special Mobile Machinery) inspections and initiates enforcement activities resulting from noncompliance. Also perfoms VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) verifications as well as "on site" manufactured home VIN inspections.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives direct supervision from the Distribution Center Manager.
- Exercises direct supervision over seasonal election workers.
- Administer the vehicle license plate inventory based on Department of Revenue regulations including organizing and stocking license plates in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Estes Park vehicle licensing offices. Inventory of all recycled plates turned from the customers and local Law enforcement agencies for the State of Colorado and the disposal of such plates.
- Receive and inventory license plate shipments.
- Administer the printing and processing of daily vehicle licensing registrations.
- Administer the monthly printing and processing of vehicle licensing registration renewals.
- Administer the weekly printing and processing of vehicle licensing title complete cards.
- Prepare and present "mass mailings" to the U.S. Postal Service on a routine, scheduled basis. Maintain an accountability of the Post Office rental boxes and Postal Permits along with the yearly rentals and a daily count on the Permit balances and request the lmonies for each account.
- Maintain and monitor the security of vehicle licensing plates, tabs, and forms.
- Perform daily mail pick-up and delivery; process USPS and interdepartmental mail for Recording, Vehicle Licensing, and Election Divisions (three times a day).
- Maintain office supply inventories for Recording, Motor Vehicle, Accounting, and Election Divisions.
- Prepare and secure documents for storage in off-site warehouse.
- Assist with yearly document retention schedule including document destruction for all divisions.
- Transport vehicles for routine maintenance and care.
- Conduct "on site" mobile home VIN inspections by appointment pursuant to vehicle licensing requirements. And provide them with a copy of the inspection fees for the in order for them to pick up their paperwork for Motor Vehicle.
- Prepare VIN verification paperwork and provide customer service by responding to questions regarding the VIN inspection process.
- Perform forklift duties, as needed, by other divisions.
- Assist with elections functions including deployment of all voting supplies and equipment to all polling locations.
- Assist with the maintenance and storage of all voting supplies.
- Assist with election equipment preparation and supply packing.
- Create manifests, as needed, to track supplies for all departments.
- Participate in the maintenance and acceptance testing of optical scan voting equipment.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to the Clerk and Recorder.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 1, election laws, and Secretary of State Rules as applied to elections.
- Federal election laws as applies to the Help America Vote Act of 2002 and the National Voting Rights Act of 1963, as assigned.
- Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 42, Vehicles, and Traffic.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Principles and practices of warehousing, public relations, budget analysis, project management, data analysis, and personnel management.
- Supervisory principles, procedures, and methods including selection, training, discipline, and evaluation.
- Best practices as applies to the Vehicle Licensing Department and Elections Department.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, election management system, word processing, spreadsheets, layouts, scheduling, project management, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and interpret statutes.
- Properly interpret and make decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- The elections process is extremely complex and requires accuracy and detailed attention. Stress is most definitely a factor in this position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives with other agencies and organizations, contacts with polling location designees, and members of the public.
- One year of supervisory experience in the vehicle licensing/election area or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Equivalent to an Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Warehousing, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, voter's registration in the State of Colorado and Larimer County.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Possession of Forklift Certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Must be able to:
- Lift ballot boxes and cases weighing up to 32 pounds from floor level to 60 inches above floor level.
- Carry up to 32 pounds from a cart to a vehicle.
- Push and/or pull with up to 25 pounds of force.
- Stand and/or walk for up to eight hours during quality control tasks.