Imaging Technician TEMP
Performs day-to-day general production activities associated with Imaging, including basic document preparation for scanning, operating standard County scanners, basic indexing/data entry of documents, and ensuring Quality Assurance/Quality Control of images and indexes are adhered to.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the first level supervisor.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Receive documents for scanning production.
- Input documents into the imaging system by scanning and indexing the documents according to established imaging procedures.
- Perform data entry of a variety of index fields associated with the document class types.
- Ensure documents are clear and indexed properly by performing standard quality assurance and quality control processes for scanning and indexing.
- Maintain records of production activity by document type, record series, and/or equipment readings.
- Assist with preparation of documents for imaging.
- Attend internal or divisional staff meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Accomplish the assigned workload in a timely manner and meet established performance standards and objectives.
- Maintain and troubleshoot scanning equipment to meet departmental requirements.
- Organize and manage time to successfully complete tasks and projects.
- Work in a team and production environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of documents and information.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Scanning equipment, electronic file management, and record keeping systems.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Federal, state, or local government business.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- No experience to one year of experience in document imaging, a directly related field, or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED required.