Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Human Resources Technician
Duties may include bi-weekly processing of Larimer County payroll, benefits processing, departmental budget monitoring and management, and accounting duties depending upon the assignment. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of employee benefits, payroll and financial information by recording, verifying and entering transactions timely, accurately and consistently.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receives immediate supervision from management staff depending upon assignment.
- Exercises indirect supervision of other administrative or temporary staff or volunteers.
- Resolve and adjust data entry discrepancies.
- Assist in the development and creation of payroll, benefits and/or accounting records.
- Audit and correct errors when necessary to ensure accuracy within assigned time frame.
- Monitor internal controls to verify that input and processing of all data meet expectations.
- Create and review audit and management reports at the appropriate time in accordance with set schedules.
- Maintain documentation and prepare detailed reports.
- Reconciliation and balancing functions within assigned area. Resolve and adjust discrepancies.
- Assist payroll representatives and department supervisors as needed.
- Respond to employee inquiries not handled by or escalated beyond the ADP call center.
- Maintain accurate and organized employee personnel and/or financial files.
- Ensure that documents are gathered in compliance to all regulatory entities and County Policy.
- May assume supervisor duties on a temporary basis and as assigned.
- May assume backup duties for assigned area as appropriate on a temporary basis.
- Keep current on policy, procedural, and regulatory changes and consider their impact on current processes in order to improve and/or streamline current processes.
- Review/Input new hires and personnel changes into the system for benefits and/or payroll.
- Scan, sort and file all payroll, benefits, human resource and financial documents on a regular basis.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Perform routine clerical assignments and Front Desk duties.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to answer questions regarding the County's payroll, benefits and accounting policies.
- Ability to function effectively in the ADP HRIS system and Oracle Financials.
- Basic Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- PowerPoint and Publisher desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive and confidential environment.
- Must possess sound decision making skills and multi-task while working in an environment of stress with specific deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED required supplemented by additional Business Administration coursework. Associates degree in Business or Accounting is preferred.
- Three to four years of experience in payroll, benefits, and/or accounting.
- ADP HRIS experience preferred.