Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Health Department Social Worker
Provides professional social work services (including assessment and counseling) and related technical human service work to eligible clients and their families served through health department programs. Provides consultation, information, and resources for team members to support care coordination efforts.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Provide human services to program clients which may include assisting and counseling clients, assessing individual client needs, adaptation of services to suit client needs, following up on client services, and resolving problems in qualification and receipt of services.
- Respond to requests for information; act as information and referral source for clients and public regarding particular program assignment.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of clients eligible for enhanced service programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of program, assess the needs of the community, and provide recommendations to meet those needs.
- Develop new procedures for departmental review, and assist in the development of new programs.
- Attend and/or direct appropriate meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Provide education regarding community resources to meet client needs including transportation, job placement, and support groups.
- Coordinate with representatives from other agencies to enhance the infrastructure that exists to serve the clients.
- Serve as advocate for client in provision of services from public health and private clinical staff.
- Provide individual and group counseling to clients, identify goals, and monitor progress of clients.
- Assess clients who are at risk for poverty, poor nutrition, maternal age outside usual childbearing years, single/marital status, isolation or lack of support, inadequate transportation, inadequate knowledge, and negative feelings about pregnancy or children with special needs.
- Document individual client services and maintain client file.
- Coordinate with agencies to ensure delivery of services as necessary.
- Conduct home visits, as needed, to provide counseling and support.
- Research and evaluate possible funding options to benefit the program and clients.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Practices and techniques of counseling, interviewing, and assessment.
- Record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Available community resources including medical, nutritional, social, educational, and financial.
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, internet research, presentation software, and databases.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of program development.
- Rights and responsibilities related to client confidentiality.
- Provide complex problem solving operations.
- Provide in-depth information relating to specific client needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Evaluate and implement program policies and procedures.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years experience in providing human services, including counseling, assessment and referral.
- Equivalent to a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Licensure in Social Work preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.