Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
HR Recruiting & Employment Specialist
Manages the administration, marketing and evaluation of the recruitment, drug testing, onboarding and related employment programs for the county. Consults with departments and offices to support their policy and legal compliance. Acts as site administrator for applicant tracking and onboarding system.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Receives general supervision from Assistant Human Resources Director.
- Avoid legal challenges and ensure legal compliance by understanding current legislation, employment law, records retention, and any other applicable rules and regulations; educate employees; recommend new procedures; conduct compliance training.
- Interpret and apply appropriate human resource policies and regulations.
- Manage the pre-employment drug testing program; monitor compliance; report results.
- Research, develop, prepare, market, and deliver user guides, procedures, process flows, and training materials/classes; participate in Mandatory Supervisory training.
- Consult with individual department/office representatives to post job announcements on Larimer County's employment website, social media, and Workforce Center; research and recommend additional posting sources as needed.
- Consult with departments/offices to identify challenges and needs for filling vacancies and develop recruitment strategies and process workflows that minimize legal risk to the county and maximize the chance for quality hires.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs; facilitate communication and interaction with departments for assigned area.
- Develop online screening criteria for 1st level screening of applications; support departments with assistance with additional application screening, assessment testing, interviewing, and onboarding as required/requested.
- Act as site administrator for 3rd party applicant tracking and onboarding system. Site administrator duties include troubleshooting, account unlocks, password resets, technical troubleshooting, job catalog (system of record), website branding and verbiage within the tool, creation and maintenance of onboarding website, offer letters, rejection letters, and event notification templates, screen configuration, user group maintenance, escalation of technical issues, training and support for product releases, testing, site configuration, etc.
- Prioritize and resolve technical issues; route appropriate issues to Vendor; track the progress of service and problem resolution; regularly communicate with users to keep them informed of the status of resolution.
- Review nightly new hire feed to payroll; investigate operational problems; review product specification and determine root cause of incidents; coordinate with the appropriate vendor team for resolution.
- Responsible for managing projects or completion of a phase of a project.
- Update job descriptions at the request of the Compensation Analyst; maintain job description database.
- Identify and research opportunities for enhancing the recruitment and onboarding service areas.
- Process forms, reports, and waivers for Human Resource program area, evaluating accuracy, completion and validity. Update and distribute forms and reports accordingly.
- Gather meaningful metrics on assigned program; provide reporting on results and necessary information, provide recommendations for improvement based on the results of the information gathered.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong technical aptitude to understand, administer, and troubleshoot assigned applications in depth.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Principles, practices, and methods of Human Resources program development, delivery and administration.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and public; strong relationship management skills.
- Analyze human resource needs and practices for County departments/offices and develop creative solutions that may include training and education, new procedures or forms, and post-implementation follow-up.
- Human resource policies, laws, and regulations.
- Current sourcing, selection, and interview best practices and techniques.
- Theory and practice of employee recruiting and selection design and administration.
- Understanding of recruitment life cycle and position management.
- Read, comprehend, interpret, and apply department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze human resource needs and practices for County departments/offices and develop creative solutions for Human Resources program areas.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and plan future projects concurrently.
- Prepare and monitor simple budgets.
• Perform duties independently without close supervision.
• Understand and apply pertinent laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, job applicants, and members of the community.
- Three years of experience in a directly related field, or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Human Resources Administration, Employment Law, Business, or Public Administration, or a related field.
- Two years of experience with Human Resources applications and system support.
- Standard Office Environment