Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Parts of the Larimer County Virtual Courthouse website may be unavailable during maintenance on Tuesday, June 30 from 5 - 7 p.m.
Acts as a member of the Assessor GIS team, completing research, data maintenance, project support, map creation, and related mapping functions associated the delivery of the Assessor's and County's enterprise-wide GIS & Mapping Services.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from Assessor Subdivision Supervisor and Chief Deputy Assessor.
- Exercises no supervision.Interpret and prepare compiled information for data maintenance procedures of a variety of GIS themes.
- Operate a computer workstation to input, create, edit, adjust and maintain map features, attributes, and data files using coordinate geometry data entry and digitizing techniques.
- Review and identify errors on all preliminary subdivision plats submitted to the Assessor by cities, towns, and County planning departments before final approval and recording.
- Identify map errors and data inconsistencies followed by the editing, interpretation, and correction of known map and data errors.
- Review, evaluate, and verify mapping data or themes provided by other County departments and the public and private sectors for accuracy and consistency, modifying and correcting database values as necessary.
- Prepare maps and data records as necessary for quality assurance procedures or in response to internal and external customer service data and mapping requests.
- Consult with users to determine their GIS mapping needs identifying and initiating resolutions to user problems or concerns associated with GIS database themes to the user's satisfaction.
- Process all new subdivision plats and create Assessor parcel records for use by all County departments and public and private sectors.
- Assist the other Assessor departmental users in the evaluation, development, adaptation and programming of computer software applications for data capture, conversion and maintenance procedures.
- Work on cross-functional teams to analyze procedures and implement solutions to the efficient exchange of data essential to the development of a variety of GIS data themes.
- Maintain current technical expertise in the use of state of the art GIS technology when implementing solutions.
- Fulfill role as project team member or project manager on Assessor and GIS-related projects. GIS team member will often work directly with both internal and external customers to provide Assessor and GIS related solutions.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Assessor office valuation processes and Assessment Calendar.
- The language, terms, and formats used in subdivision plats, deeds, legal descriptions, surveying records, planning, and engineering reports.
- The standard procedures and techniques related to the capture, conversion, and maintenance of digital map and data base files.
- The features, functions, and operational characteristics of computer software and hardware as applied to Geographic Information Systems technology.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to cartographic technique, artistry, craftsmanship, and quality control in a Geographic Information Systems technology program.
- Basic database management and Quality Assurance methods.
- Performance measurement and customer service improvement practices.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Federal, state, or local government business.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Partner with team members to successfully implement small to medium GIS applications.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Organize and manage time to successfully complete tasks and projects.
- Present database information and support base mapping themes needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Two years of progressive experience in geographic information systems technology, a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities. Two years experience working in the mapping field performing a variety of duties in land records research, including a complete understanding of cartography, drafting and mapping principles.