Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Forestry Technician TEMP
Assist with suppression efforts in the event of a wildfire. Use operate, and maintain basic wildfire equipment and vehicles plus a variety of hand tools, portable pumps, chain saws and firing equipment for constructing fire line and suppressing the wildfire.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- This position may or may not be a fire line supervisor depending on National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) qualifications and experience.
- Respond as requested to wildland fire incidents under the supervision of Emergency Services.
- Use, operate, and maintain basic wildland fire equipment and vehicles including a variety of hand tools for fire line construction, portable pumps, chain saws, firing equipment, and portable radios.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn at all times and safety procedures are followed during all operations.
- Maintain inventory and required equipment on assigned apparatus.
- Take direction from assigned fire line supervisors and communicate fire status, safety, and equipment information as necessary or assigned.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- General physical and training demands required of a basic wildland firefighter.
- Meet physical fitness standard as set by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) for wildland firefighter.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- The position of Basic Wildland Firefighter is considered an entry level position and there are no experience or training requirements. It is, however, beneficial for applicants to have some experience or exposure to working outdoors in the back country environment for long periods of time.
- Applicants must hold a valid and current Driver's License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pay $50.00 class tuition fee to the Larimer County Sheriff's Office and submit receipt at beginning of class.
- Must be capable of passing the agency's physical requirements for the National Wildlfire Coordination Group (NWCG) assigned position.
- Hear a normal spoken voice at a distance of 20 feet and a whispering voice at 15 feet.
- Near and far vision of 20/40 with or without corrective lens.
- Must have fine and gross motor skills and use of fingers, hands, and arms required in the use and operation of wildland fire hand tools and power tools, portable pumps, and chainsaws.