Larimer County Offices, Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are all closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2015.
County Offices are also closed on Friday, November 27 while the Courts, District Attorney, Landfill, Household Hazardous Waste, and Recycle Center are open.
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Fairgrounds & Events Center Ast Director
The Assistant Director is responsible to assist the Director in the areas of planning, organizing, managing, and coordinating the year-round use, care, and maintenance of the Larimer County Fairgrounds and Event Center (The Ranch). The Assistant Director will report directly to the Director of The Ranch. The Assistant Director will work closely with other County officials, managers and employees, private vendors, retailers and promoters, and the general public. The County has contracted with private companies including Global Spectrum and Ovations for scheduling and operation of the Events Center, food and beverage services, and other operations and activities at The Ranch. The Assistant Director will be assist the Director in administering portions of these contracts on behalf of the County. The Assistant Director will assist and provide short and long range planning strategies, prepare and administer the operational portion of The Ranch budget, develop and recommend policies and procedures, and represent the department in meetings with a variety of civic and business groups This is a salaried, exempt position, working in a variety of settings including office and on-and off-site locations, and requiring occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives immediate supervision from the Director.
- Exercises direct supervision over The Ranch and Budweiser Events Center Operations Departments, Finance Department, and Administrative staff.
- Exercises indirect supervision over Sworn Security Services.
- Develops goals, plans, and performance metrics for all operations activities associated with The Ranch.
- Prepares, recommends, and administers an annual budget for The Ranch including personnel, operations, maintenance, and short and long range capital replacement and improvements.
- Monitors expenses and revenue to assure conformity with the approved budget and to identify opportunities to improve the financial performance of the facilities.
- Identifies the need for new or revised policies and procedures associated with The Ranch; drafts and recommends policies and procedures; and is responsible for implementation and monitoring.
- Develop and manage Land and Building capital asset planning and budgeting for The Ranch.
- Directly manage Large Capital Projects on all facilities included planning, development, sponsorship, budgeting, project management, design, contracting, and delivery.
- Coordinate with the Director, the Larimer County Commissioners, Budget, Finance, and Facilities departments on the planning, design, funding, and construction of future phases for The Ranch master plan.
- Develop and manage annual departmental operational budgets on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide updates to the Director including monthly variance reports, forecasted projections, and strategy for operational corrections as needed.
- Work with the Director to encourage and administer partnerships with the private sector to develop collaborative and compatible uses on the site such as the hotel and convention center.
- Work with the Director on the management and development of natural resources, easements, water rights, land use, leases, development agreements, planned use, and acquisitions.
- Assist the Director in the performance of other related work as necessary to meet the objectives and carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Assist the Director in promoting The Ranch activities with civic and business groups, local governments, corporations, and potential sponsors and users of the facilities.
- Assist the Director in promoting periodic updates on The Ranch activities to the Board of County Commissioners, Director of Public Works, and County Manger.
- Serve as a member of the Public Works Division management team.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops as requested and authorized.
- Assign, direct, and supervise activities of The Ranch and Budweiser Event Center staff, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards; administer or make recommendations for routine personnel matters affecting subordinates including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning work, scheduling work hours, granting leave, appraising performance, disciplining, and submitting such records and reports as required by County policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for the performance of the job.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of large facility, buildings and grounds maintenance and management.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the administration and operation of a modern, multi-use, year-round facility such as a fairgrounds and entertainment complex hosting fairs, rodeos and equestrian shows, minor league sporting events, concerts, trade shows, conventions, and expositions.
- Knowledge of Large Facility and Operations financial management procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of land use and development planning, including water rights.
- Knowledge of complex contract negotiation, preparation, and administration.
- Knowledgeable of general public administration principles and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and operate meeting, conference, convention, recreation, and entertainment facilities and improvements.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, motivate, train, supervise, and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives and short-and long-range plans.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other County personnel, other government and community representatives, vendors, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports containing budget projections, revenues, expenditures, capital replacement, and capital improvements plans, including findings and recommendations.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications appropriate to assigned duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to quickly learn and put in to use new skills and technologies in the areas of management and communication.
- Five years of proven experience in a directly related field or the performance of similar duties and responsibilities with little direct supervision.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a major focus on Engineering, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Hospitality Management, Facility Management, or a related field.
- 5 or more years in a progressively responsible management/supervisory position.
- Experience working with management companies/contractors for marketing, scheduling, facility operations, and construction.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, to permit the employee to communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Sufficient vision, with or without reasonable accommodation, to permit the employee to observe The Ranch (Fairgrounds & Events Center) operation and events on a constant basis and to prepare and review information in electronic and hard copy forms.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, to permit the employee to operate a personal computer, telephone, and other electronic devices.
- Sufficient personal mobility, with or without reasonable accommodation, to permit the employee to travel around The Ranch (Fairgrounds & Events Center), other County offices, other locations throughout the County, and occasional travel outside the County.
- Standard Office Environment.