Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Event Coordinator II
Assist and coordinate public and special event utilization of The Ranch facilities and buildings. Assists in marketing efforts of The Ranch, events, and activities.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from The Ranch and Event Center Director.
- Direct supervision over Department Specialist II and Event Coordinator I.
- Exercises indirect or direct supervision over temporary events staff and/or assigned part time personnel.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend events that may be successful candidate to recruit, develop, and/or produce at The Ranch. Work with the Director to identify promoters that will partner with these and other events.
- Meet with customers and potential customers to coordinate and assist with event planning including, equipment, food and beverage services, facility equipment, and layout to achieve goal and objectives of the event and its customers.
- Manage the planning, budgeting, and operations of the annual Larimer County Fair & Rodeo, Thunder in the Rockies motorcycle rally, other appropriate campus-wide events, and all Ranch self-promoted events.
- Actively work toward the development of campus-wide events and new events to be located at The Ranch and in Northern Colorado. Such development of events will be primary to the financial and community goals of The Ranch and Larimer County.
- Work with other County departments offering resources, experience, and management of other County events and facilities (i.e.: Hermit Park).
- Coordinate with the Director of The Ranch, Larimer County Extension office, Larimer County Fair Board, and numerous other public and private organizations to implement the vision of the Larimer County Fair & Rodeo, as outlined and approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Advise County's operational partners in the Budweiser Events Center (Global Spectrum), food and beverage contractor for The Ranch (Ovations), Larimer County Sheriff's Department, and Staff-Pro all related to the needs of the implementation of related events, services offered during campus-wide events.
- Negotiate with current and potential users of The Ranch facilities during events to include, but not limited to, carnival, stock contractors, entertainment, media, etc. for the implementation of campus-wide events.
- Serve as a resource to outside promoters in the promotion, marketing, and sales of campus-wide events which are not County-sponsored in an effort to ensure their success and future business at The Ranch.
- Plan and implement recommendations to the facilities for the improvement of all events and provide recommendations to the Director of The Ranch.
- Perform or supervise the purchasing, accounting, and budgeting activities necessary for the year-round operation of campus-wide and The Ranch promoted events.
- Participate as directed by the Director of The Ranch on local boards and commissions whose interests are consistent with The Ranch and the County.
- Apply originality and judgment in responding to customer needs and disputes and assure that customers receive efficient and courteous service.
- Act as the primary liaison between the event promoters, patrons, and The Ranch
- Design the set-up, plan, and coordinate the event and facilitate all logistics for each event, including coordination with other employees and outside vendors.
- Calculate and provide clients with estimates of costs and expenses; assist with event accounting and billing functions.
- Develop and manage the Event Department budget including the preparation of the annual Event Attendance Schedule, monthly updates, and quarterly reports. Prepare and present profit and loss statements for all events in a timely manner.
- Ensure all required contracts are authorized and approved; negotiate and make modification to contracts within scope of authority; confirm all events and reservations.
- Coordinate organizer and vendor arrangements and contracts for event equipment, materials, food and beverage, security, etc.
- Serve as the coordinator and liaison to the Embassy Suites Hotel and Convention Center located at The Ranch, specifically working to coordinate schedules, programs, and joint promotional and marketing opportunities that would enhance the event.
- Attend events and supervise activities; write event reports; resolve event issues and complaints; make last minute adjustments; ensure event is set up as contracted.
- Research and respond to event organizer and attendee complaints, inquiries, and issues.
- Assist in preparing and distributing marketing materials for various events and functions.
- Maintain all related reports and records.
- Maintain events scheduling system and files.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Contracts and contract administration.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Develop effective and efficient procedures for the implementation of campus-wide events.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Coordinate large numbers of individuals and groups who will be using the facilities concurrently.
- Promote the use of The Ranch facilities during these events in a manner that best serves the interests of the residents of Larimer County.
- Negotiate effectively on behalf of Larimer County with potential campus-wide users.
- Supervise and mentor professional and support staff in a productive and positive manner.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Prepare and maintain clear and concise charts and records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Three to five years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.