Event Coordinator I
Assist and coordinate public and special event utilization of Fairgrounds facilities and buildings. Assists in marketing efforts of the Larimer County Fairgrounds complex, events, and activities.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from Event Coordinator II.
- Exercises indirect or direct supervision over temporary events staff and/or assigned part time personnel and interns.
- Meet with customers and potential customers to coordinate and assist with event planning including, but not limited to, equipment, food and beverage services, facility equipment and layout, ticketing, parking and traffic, and public awareness, to achieve goal and objectives of the event and its customers.
- Assist with the planning and operations of the annual Larimer County Fair & Rodeo, Thunder in the Rockies motorcycle rally, other appropriate campus-wide events, and all Ranch self-promoted events as directed by Event Coordinator II. Participation may include chairing a specific committee or other operational group.
- Advise County's operational partners in the Budweiser Events Center (Global Spectrum) and the food and beverage contractor for The Ranch (Ovations), related to the needs of the implementation of related events, services offered during campus-wide events.
- Serve as a resource to outside promoters in the promotion, marketing, and sales of events which are not County-sponsored in an effort to ensure their success and future business at The Ranch.
- Perform or supervise the accounting and budgeting activities necessary for their specific events. This may include, but not be limited to, the production of a pre-event budget or cost estimate, post-event settlement and a complete and final event profit and loss statement.
- Apply originality and judgment in responding to customer needs and disputes and assure that customers receive efficient and courteous service.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the Fairgrounds and Event Center for their particular events.
- Design the set-up, plan, and coordinate the event and facilitate all logistics for each event, including coordination and communication with other employees and outside vendors.
- Calculate and provide clients with estimates of costs and expenses; assist with event accounting and billing functions.
- Ensure all required contracts are authorized and approved; negotiate and make modification to contracts within scope of authority; confirm all events and reservations.
- Coordinate organizer and vendor arrangements and contracts for event equipment, materials, food and beverage, security, etc.
- Attend events and supervise activities; write event reports; resolve event issues and complaints; make last minute adjustments; ensure event is set up as contracted.
- Research and respond to event organizer and attendee complaints, inquiries, and issues.
- Assist in preparing and distributing marketing materials for various events and functions.
- Maintain all related reports and records.
- Maintain events scheduling system and files.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Operation of standard office equipment including fax machines, copiers, and computers.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Department and County rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standard operation procedures.
- Contracts and contract administration.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and the public.
- Develop effective and efficient procedures for the implementation of events.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Coordinate large numbers of individuals and groups who will be using the facilities concurrently.
- Promote the use of The Ranch facilities during these events in a manner that best serves the interests of the residents of Larimer County.
- Supervise and mentor professional and support staff in a productive and positive manner.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Prepare and maintain clear and concise charts and records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- One to two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.