Larimer County Offices, Courts & District Attorney are closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day
Landfill, Hazardous Waste and Recycle Center are open Friday, July 3 but closed Saturday, July 4
Landfill Business Office are closed July 3 & 4
Critical services at Larimer County will not be disrupted by this closure.
Parts of the Larimer County Virtual Courthouse website may be unavailable during maintenance on Tuesday, June 30 from 5 - 7 p.m.
Equipment Parts Technician
To maintain the Public Works fleet operation parts and fuel inventory, and participate in the development of related procedures and systems.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from the Fleet Services Buyer II.
- Exercises no supervision.
- Determine appropriate vendors for automotive and heavy equipment parts, ensuring efficient and effective use of County funds.
- Order and inventory automotive and heavy equipment parts stock; request reorders of stock items as necessary.
- Pick up and receive parts from local vendors and arrange for the most effective method of shipping parts from supplier locations.
- Purchase non-stock items, special orders, and supplies as requested.
- Monitor the County's fuel supply; request reorders as necessary.
- Prepare inventory reports and maintain records; enter and retrieve information on a computerized inventory system; ensure appropriate controls and reporting systems related to parts and supplies inventory.
- Issue parts to Equipment Maintenance Technicians and other appropriate County personnel; post issued parts to appropriate work orders; ensure that parts cost are charged to the appropriate department.
- Maintain a clean parts room and ensure that parts, supplies, and records are maintained in an organized manner.
- Develop, recommend, and implement procedures and systems related to the County's equipment parts inventory.
- Recommend appropriate inventory levels and identify unneeded parts, materials, and supplies for auction.
- Attend and participate in staff and department meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Parts, materials, and supplies used for automobiles, light and heavy trucks, and construction equipment.
- Proper inventory management procedures, including record keeping, inventory adjustments, stock level analysis, re-order points, price averaging, and reporting methods.
- Computer-based part inventory system and computerized information system for reports and record keeping.
- Accepted industry standards and practices for quality assurance and safety in warehouse activities.
- Routine software and business applications, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Monitor, evaluate, and adjust a large automotive, truck, and equipment parts inventory.
- Maintain inventory records and prepare appropriate reports.
- Interpret and work from oral and written instructions, technical manuals, drawings, and other source material.
- Enter and retrieve information from computerized information systems.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate inventory levels.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Represent the department and Larimer County in various related functions within and outside the County.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Two years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by coursework in business administration.
- Possession of and ability to maintain a Colorado Class "B" CDL.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain within six months, an Automotive Institute of Excellence (ASE) certification in Parts.